C5 across nera black roof

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Limited market for right hand drive cars. Citroen do not have the volume in the UK like BMW and the VAG group do.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.

rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

Cud be, but I read they want to Export ww, so there are more lh drive countries beside uk, ireland.
They are selling in India, dont they drive overthere on the left side?
Cars: C5 Aircross 180 Shine ,BMW Z4 E89. 2.8i sDrive
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

So does Australia and Japan. Maybe they will be available next year when the Hybrid version comes out.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
srperry

Post by srperry »

Handy Andy wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:52 pm Limited market for right hand drive cars. Citroen do not have the volume in the UK like BMW and the VAG group do.
Sorry, IMHO that BS. The light units are the same for all versions - they just chose not to include those extras on the UK market cars. The UK is a fairly large market for Citroen, and there's no excuse for it. As it happens, I wouldn't choose LED headlights myself - they never seem to be 'beamed' correctly and any little bump blinds oncoming traffic. IMHO if a driver can't see well enough with normal halogen lights then they shouldn't be driving!

That said, I would have liked heated seats and windscreen - although I'm told that heated screens are more prone to breakage...
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

And yet Peugeot offer the LED headlamps in top range models?
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

On Youtube there is a item, comparing the Audi and Citroen c5 LED. Citroen is far better than Audi with
their " Vorsprung in Technik"
Cars: C5 Aircross 180 Shine ,BMW Z4 E89. 2.8i sDrive
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

srperry wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:05 pm
Handy Andy wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:52 pm Limited market for right hand drive cars. Citroen do not have the volume in the UK like BMW and the VAG group do.
Sorry, IMHO that BS. The light units are the same for all versions - they just chose not to include those extras on the UK market cars. The UK is a fairly large market for Citroen, and there's no excuse for it. As it happens, I wouldn't choose LED headlights myself - they never seem to be 'beamed' correctly and any little bump blinds oncoming traffic. IMHO if a driver can't see well enough with normal halogen lights then they shouldn't be driving!

That said, I would have liked heated seats and windscreen - although I'm told that heated screens are more prone to breakage...
Firstly it's my opinion not BS.
Secondly I had LED headlights on my Mazda and they were the best I have known - never had an issue with dazzle for other drivers. Didn't realise I would miss them so much.
Thirdly, If you say "if you can't see with halogen you shouldn't be driving" is missing the point. How about progress? You could have said the same thing about old 45w filament bulbs. If you can't drive with them then you shouldn't be driving (no need for halogen).