Active Safety break question

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
PeteUK

Post by PeteUK »

Hi,
Does anyone have experience of the active safety break and emergency breaking in action?
I have the option set but I'd like to be sure it was working without running into the back of something to test it out.
I obviously hope that I would never need it but you never know.
C5 Aircross Flair 1.2 130 S&S manual - Pearl White

srperry

Post by srperry »

Yes I have - driving down a narrow road with vehicles parked either side so I had to 'slalom' between the cars - and there was a pedestrian on one side of the road (on the pavement and with the change of direction and proximity of the pedestrain the car saw it as an immediate threat and braked, although there was no reel need at the time. I have also had a 'vehicle too close' warning when I have been overtaken and the moron driving the overtaking car cut in far too soon - I'm pretty sure that if he had cut in even earlier the car would have braked as well.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Check.ig is active on the car setting page on the touchscreen. It's the top option. Press the far right of the linle gives you option to change detection Distance. Try the max and you will give lots of warnings. You can test it. Find s quiet street/lane put a cardboard box in the road and drive at it. Car should stop.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Manor259

Post by Manor259 »

Yes we were out in my wifes C3 Aircross the other day travelling at around 75kph on the motorway when a truck pulled across into our lane without indicating, which resulted in the safety brake being activated. It works really well, although it did give us a bit of a fright as our car almost came to a stop. You just have to hope that the person driving behind you has good reflexes or also have the same emergency braking system
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Sorry my first answer was wrong, it's not accessed by the touchscreen CAR symbol but by the cog gear at the top of the screen, then touch safety. It's the top line, touch far right to change detection range.
The normal is the mid setting, going to the min means you are closer to the obstacles before warning, going to max the detection is further away and I found it to be, in town, giving too many ALERTS.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars