Auto rear view Door mirrors

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Philbyw

Post by Philbyw »

I have a C5 Aircross Flair plus and according to page 59 0f the online English manual Their is a system that automatically tilts the door mirrors down when reverse gear is selected to assist in parking manoeuvres . "This function is activated/deactivated via the "Vehicle settings" tab in the Driving/Vehicle menu of the touch screen".
Well I can find nothing on my screen that mentions this, only stopping the mirrors from folding when car is locked.
Is this the norm for uk spec. cars?
Needless to say my mirrors do not move when I select reverse gear!
Citroen C5 Aircross 1.2L FlairPlus

srperry

Post by srperry »

Yes, I'd like to know where that function went too. Mine doesn't have it either.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

it is available in Shine, maybe only in this version or part of a package ?
Cars: C5 Aircross 180 Shine ,BMW Z4 E89. 2.8i sDrive
srperry

Post by srperry »

Is 'Shine' the middle of the range, which is our 'Flair'?

There's no reasonable excuse for Citroen who delete many options available in the rest of Europe - such as heated front seats which you cannot get here even as a paid-for option. LED headlights is another.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

Shine is the top Version, with led head Lights, the mirrors, seat heating, distance Control, etc etc
go to Citroen.de and make a Konfiguration of the Shine,
I am dutch, Living in Germany and even in Holland the Options are different,
Friends of mine bought a Shine there and 19" are mandatory, as in Germany 18" is Standard, also Options are
different from Germany,
Cars: C5 Aircross 180 Shine ,BMW Z4 E89. 2.8i sDrive
srperry

Post by srperry »

rdeknegt wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:36 am Shine is the top Version, with led head Lights, the mirrors, seat heating, distance Control, etc etc
go to Citroen.de and make a Konfiguration of the Shine,
I am dutch, Living in Germany and even in Holland the Options are different,
Friends of mine bought a Shine there and 19" are mandatory, as in Germany 18" is Standard, also Options are
different from Germany,
Thanks for the information. Useful to know...
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

This reduction in spec started in 2015 (no doubt there were earlier changes as well) with the C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive losing the indexing feature. I had it on previous C4GP - and it takes getting used to. I am now more accustomed to manoeuvring with the rear screen image which eases that problem.
Mine is Flair+ and does not have indexing mirror, or LED Headlights, although that exclusion was clear before purchase. I think the heated seats are only on the top spec leather trim(£1800 extra)
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
srperry

Post by srperry »

JohnM52 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:22 pm This reduction in spec started in 2015 (no doubt there were earlier changes as well) with the C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive losing the indexing feature. I had it on previous C4GP - and it takes getting used to. I am now more accustomed to manoeuvring with the rear screen image which eases that problem.
Mine is Flair+ and does not have indexing mirror, or LED Headlights, although that exclusion was clear before purchase. I think the heated seats are only on the top spec leather trim(£1800 extra)
John, are you in the UK? I knew before purchase that LED headlights on the C5 were not available in the UK, and indeed the heated seats. They're not available either. I had no expectation of them being on my car when I bought it; I just don't understand why they make such stupid decisions.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

I wonder whether this may be to do with our right hand drive requirements. If you are making seats for LHD cars, there is probably a big market for them on the continent. If the seats or wiring looms for RHD are different, and as it is only us and Ireland that need them, the potential market is much smaller, and Citroen may decide it is not worth the effort and cost to supply them.
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

srperry wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:30 pm

John, are you in the UK? I knew before purchase that LED headlights on the C5 were not available in the UK, and indeed the heated seats. They're not available either. I had no expectation of them being on my car when I bought it; I just don't understand why they make such stupid decisions.
Yes, in UK.
I agree that I was clear these items were not fitted. I did consider the 3008 but could not see how I could pass that off as a Citroen!! Peugeot are fitting LED headlights etc on the top spec models so it seems odd that Citroen chose not to.

I would comment that the right hand drive market is not just UK and Ireland, but also the range is sold into Australia and New Zealand as well as Japan; only a few more sales but the available models in those markets does show an ability to mix the engines/gearboxes and other options.

JohnM
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.