Using Park mode in Eat8 auto box c5 aircross

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Basically if you are in the car with the engine running with the selector in park then foot on brake will suffice. If you exit the car then put the park brake on you don't want the car to move. So if shutting your garage park brake on.
At traffic lights etc. If stop start active then the engine will stop if foot brake on if you put park brake on and take foot if brake car will try to move. Putting car in neutral will stop engine. Opening a car door restarts the engine as does moving the steering wheel on the C3 version as it had electric power steering. Basically with an auto short stop.hold on foot brake in gear. Long stop neutral or P with handbrake ON.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Handy Andy wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:16 am Hi guyver78,
Not quite sure what you mean. If you are in traffic waiting to move off, no need for parking brake just hold the car on the footbrake in drive mode. I only use park and parking brake when the car is parked. If you are stationary in drive mode the auto boxes dual clutch mechanism is disengaged to prevent wear. Also the start stop device will operate if you stay in drive mode.
If this doesn't answer your question feel free to come back.
Replying to an old post. I know. However, it seems that the above post has an error. According to all I can find, the EAT6 and EAT8 systems are not double clutch.

'PSA has dual-clutch transmission, produced by Getrag, in its Peugeot 4007 and Citroën C-Crosser SUVs, both based on the Mitsubishi Outlander. However, dual-clutch transmissions are never offered in other models'.