C3 Aircross Sunroof auto close question

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
WombatAttack

Post by WombatAttack »

I've owned my C3 Aircross for a couple of weeks now and like it a lot. I've noticed that if I touch and hold the door handle to lock the car (I have keyless entry), the sunroof and inner blind also close. However the sunroof closes in a very jerky fashion, where it keeps closing a few inches and then pausing. If I manually close the roof by pressing the roof-close button, it will close in a single smooth action. So does anyone else get a jerky sunroof close when holding the handle to lock the car? I don't think my manual even mentioned this auto-close feature.

JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi, yes I tried that on mine a few months ago and it does exactly the same. As you say it's not documented so I guess it's there as some form of back up in case the switch in the car fails? So not really a feature as such.
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

On the c5 aircross is does function, so why shud itnot function on the c3
Presume the keyless entry is the same on both cars.
Cars: C5 Aircross 180 Shine ,BMW Z4 E89. 2.8i sDrive
WombatAttack

Post by WombatAttack »

Good to know that other C3 Aircrosses do the same jerky closing when locking the car. Certainly strange if the C5 does this smoothly, given the sunroof must also be exactly the same. I might experiment a little bit. Thanks for the responses.
grahams

Post by grahams »

Pano roof does not close on my C3. Just a brief 'twitch' when long hold on the door handle and no further movement.
Would be good if it offered an option to select auto close when the car was locked.

Nov 2017 Flair 1.2 Pure Tech 110. Natural White, Ink Black Bi tone roof. Metropolitan Grey Ambiance trim. Silver Colour Pack
Opening Pano roof
Family Pack
Techno HiFi Pack
Grip Control
Head up Display
WombatAttack

Post by WombatAttack »

Curious. With the roof shut, does it at least shut the sun blind when holding the lock button? Mine does.
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

Yes, it does on C5
Cars: C5 Aircross 180 Shine ,BMW Z4 E89. 2.8i sDrive
grahams

Post by grahams »

Hello WombatAttack,

Yes with the roof shut, the sun blind closes with lock button hold.
AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

This might answer my worries that my roof was haunted / possessed. On random occasions I'll come back to the car and find the blind closed. I at first thought it was to do with the rain sensor but figured why would that affect the blind, then I thought maybe it was the sun but the recent weather disproved that plus sometimes I'll park it at home at night, blind open, then get in the next day to find the blind shut, so why would it shut overnight?

I'm going to have to try the door handle thing. I'm guessing it takes longer than a normal touch of the sensor to lock it - you have to hold your finger on the sensor for a period of time?
WombatAttack

Post by WombatAttack »

Yes it was all very mysterious at first. I only worked it out when I heard the sun blind motor after locking the car. And yes, you only have to hold your finger on the lock for approx 1 second to close the blind. I'm assuming it will do the same if you hold the remote button, but I haven't tried it.