C3 Aircross Sunroof auto close question

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

I don't have a sunroof but this from the manual....Operating the sunroof / Reinitialisation/
"In the event of a jerky movement of the sunroof the opening sunroof must be reinitialised....." Then it talks about holding the button down and stuff. Perhaps you aren't closing the sunroof, perhaps you are reinitilising it? Or perhaps you need to reinitialise it.
When they talk about the same process with resetting the windows they mention that during the reset process it moves "a few cm at a time" till you finish setting it, which sounds similar to your description.

Don't know if this helps but I suggest you try the reinitialsation process.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.

AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

I also tried it with the windows down but unfortunately it doesn't make those go up as well - which seems a little bit of a fail on Citroens part really.
srperry

Post by srperry »

On my C5 Aircross holding the lock button closes all Windows, and holding unlock opens them all...
Last edited by srperry on Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
WombatAttack

Post by WombatAttack »

It is strange (and a bit rubbish) that the windows don't close with the long-press lock. This is standard functionality on many older Citroens (using the key fob).

Jay R - Yes I read that section in the manual, although didn't pay it much attention because the sunroof closed perfectly when using the sunroof control. However the movement it describes does sound exactly like what I was seeing. I might try going through the reinitialisation process and see what happens. Going away this weekend but will post an update next week.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

You wouldn't really expect to have all the features of the C5 Aircross available on the C3 Aircross as it's a smaller, cheaper car.
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
WombatAttack

Post by WombatAttack »

True. But I might expect my C3 Aircross to have features I used to have on my 2006 C4.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

True, but my 1999 Synergie had a very useful sunglasses holder above the driver's door - another really good idea which I've never seen since! :lol:
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
WombatAttack

Post by WombatAttack »

Oh, I think the C4 had that. It also had the fold out shopping bag caddy in the boot. Genius! And while I can understand how the cost/benefit of some of these features might mean discontinuation, closing the windows when holding the lock button would seem to have little cost. I wonder if modern safety requirements have made this feature too expensive to implement (in terms of windows not trapping objects)?
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

A while ago there was a post about the one-touch close of the rear windows and the person asked why they didn't have it as they do for the front windows. (The brocure said it came as standard) The reply from Citroen was essentially that they acheived a higher safety rating if they didn't have one-touch close windows so they disabled it. Probably the same story here.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.