Tracker / immobiliser

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Bodger

Post by Bodger »

Hi All ,
Taking delivery of a C5 aircross next month so contacted citroen about having a professional tracker / immobiliser fitted, and if this will affect the warranty .
Received this vague reply , I suppose they have to cover themselves.

Any thoughts ,experiences ?
I cannot seem to find a citroen accessory to do the same with monitoring /recovery etc

Regards Bodger

Dear Mr

Thank you for your email about installing a tracker to your vehicle.

As a manufacturer, we do not recommend you carry out any modification to your vehicle. However, if the modification is carried out in line with manufacturer guidelines this "should not" affect your warranty. I will also advise that if the vehicle is damaged during installation we will not be able to take responsibility for any repairs needed.

Thanks again for contacting Citroën customer care.
C5 aircross Flair Plus

Deleted User 365

Post by Deleted User 365 »

I had a tracker fitted by my dealership. It is a Rewire security DB3 plug-in type ;

https://www.rewiresecurity.co.uk/db3-od ... ce-glonass

As the OBD port is awkward to access, we used an adaptor which only requires a permanent 12 volt feed (it's shown as optional harness, scroll down the left hand options on the page)

It works perfectly as it did when used in the OBD port in my DS5.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I know this is not as sophisticated as a proper tracker system I find that the "My Citroen" app tracks my journies and shows the vehicles location as well as fuel consumption.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

When collecting my C5 on Tuesday from Arnold Clark, Citroen/DS franchise, one of the options on the list in the paperwork was to fit a tracker, at £359 I think. A Citroen Franchise is offering it so I cannot see why Cit give such an equivocal response.
JohnM
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
Deleted User 365

Post by Deleted User 365 »

Handy Andy wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:24 pm I know this is not as sophisticated as a proper tracker system I find that the "My Citroen" app tracks my journies and shows the vehicles location as well as fuel consumption.
The "My Citroen" app can't track a stolen vehicle - I assume this was the point of the original question; the ability to track a vehicle in real time .

The app depends on a close connection to the vehicle rather than a GSM signal transmitted by a tracker.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Didn't know that. Good info.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
Bodger

Post by Bodger »

Many thanks for all your replies .
John m25 , called my local franchise , as you sort of suggested, and the response was along the lines of ... " yeah no problem ..." don't know why I did not do this first .Thanks
Regards Bodger
C5 aircross Flair Plus