Speed Limiter Override Rarely Works

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Richc2005

Post by Richc2005 »

Hi,

First time poster, and recent acquirer of a C5 Aircross... and first time Citroen owner!

Loving the car, and feels like a big upgrade on the Qashqai I had before! I have a couple of issues, however, the main one being the ability to override the speed limiter by pressing the pedal to the floor.

On the many times I've tried it, it has only worked twice which is a little worrying as it is safety feature. I've sent a note to Citroen but yet to hear back and wondered if anyone has any thoughts or experiences?

A lesser issue, is the fact that the Flair version should have illuminated cup holders and I can't see that this is working. Is there a setting I'm missing, or did they forget to fit a bulb or fuse?

Finally, is the fact that Traffic Info doesn't appear to override the DAB as it did in the Nissan. This means that to get the updates I either have to listen to FM, or leave the radio on an FM channel if I'm listening to music via another source. Again any thoughts would be most welcome!
C5 Aircross 1.2 Flair Polar White

Richc2005

Post by Richc2005 »

:D Override seems to be working ok now - will monitor!
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi, I've not tried the speed limiter nor traffic info. on my C3 Aircross, but I think traffic news worked on my previous C4 Picasso with DAB, although it seemed to be national not regional news (or at least it didn't seem local), so I gave up after that. You may not want the satnav on all the time but I find that Tomtom traffic works well and more than compensates for this (I assume you have this on your car as it's a Flair).
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
Richc2005

Post by Richc2005 »

Many thanks for the response JohnB.

The speed limiter override is definitely user error I'm ashamed to say! The accelerator has a point of resistance where it feels that it is pushed it to the full, but pressing through that and is when the limiter is bypassed. Embarrassed not to have discovered it before the need to post on here but pleased that the safety feature is working!

My Qashqai would sometimes bring up the national traffic. It always depended on which channel issued a traffic news first after starting a journey; commercial or BBC. You're right that the TomTom does a first class job, pointing out issues specific to my journey so maybe the need for traffic announcements will not be such an issue.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

How do you find the Tom Tom Traffic?
I have covered just over 4,000 miles in the last three months driving pretty much most of the country from Sussex to Cornwall and as far up north as Northumbeland. I know it is signal dependent but the drop out seems a bit high. I would estimate that it only works for about 60% of the time. Sometimes driving the same route on different days it works, other days it doesn't.
Also I have yet to receive any TA's from the radio either when tuned to DAB or FM local or national stations.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
Richc2005

Post by Richc2005 »

In the journeys I've done so far the TomTom has been superb, particularly on my rural 25 mile each way commute . However, I have a few longer journeys planned over the next few weeks so I'll see how it copes with those!

I have received TAs ok but only when I've been listening to an FM station (which I try not to do), or when I've left the radio on an FM station when listening to music through Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. In all cases it has, thankfully, brought up the BBC local stations rather than commercial local/national stations.
Tuneras

Post by Tuneras »

I learned to use the speed limiter last week on a long ride Stockholm-Malmö-Stockholm.
There is a slight resistance to override to increase speed passed the the limit. Works fine and then the limiter is still on and limits again once the speed is down below the set limit.
Mostly the legal speed is 110 km/h on the main road so I set the limit to 115 km/h which gives a gps speed of 111-112 km/h.
- I am also very pleased that the indicated consumption after 5500 km (3400 miles) now is down at 5.5 L per 100 km (up at 51.3 mpg) . I dont know the real consumption, it may be slightly higher (to measure it the tank has to be filled to the cap between measurements). Our Fiat 500 had a much higher consumption because a much lower final drive (gear).
- this was the first long trip (1300 km) and the car has surpassed most expactations, only the Apple Car Play is very annoying because it gets stuck between pauses and Citroens menues are confusing.

The outside temp while driving was 33 centigrades!! - Climate control worked perfect :)

B58DB00E-C51B-4D0D-9D28-A5548A616920.jpeg

C3 Aircross 110 5-speed, Feel, natural white
city pack /swedish edition, heated front seats, wireless charging, automatic wipers,
auto safety brake, rear parking sensors
production date 05 april 2018
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I find the TomTom traffic generally very good, mine disappears occasionally but not much. Have used the diversion option a few times which I believe worked well. The satnav itself is also good, but place name pronunciation is a bit dodgy and it tends to say "bear left" when it means "turn left" & vice versa...
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
Richc2005

Post by Richc2005 »

Just had a long road trip and the Tom Tom was spot on.

Just had a great update from Citroen regarding the illuminated cup holders. After calling Customer Services yesterday I received an email today entitled 'goodwill' which stated:

'In regard to your cup holders unless you specifically asked for them you wouldn't have them. However if you did ask for them and didn't get them this is something you'd have to go through your dealership to complain about.'

My response was probably not surprising:

'How on earth am I supposed to know that I should ask for a feature that is clearly stated in the brochure as being standard on the car?

Should I have specified that I required every item identified as being standard on the equipment specification list? Because I didn’t, and there wouldn’t have been much of a car delivered if your logic is followed! It’s not even showing as an Optional extra.

Below is a screenshot of an extract from your brochure and it clearly shows that illuminated cup holders are standard on the Flair model and as such, and in view of your response, I would expect (to use your email subject header) a goodwill offer to be made for these to be retro-fitted.'

Will be interesting to see their reply, if indeed I get one! :D
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

You are lucky it came with brakes. I bet you didn't specify them when ordering the car.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.