Wipers not turning back on after engine re-start.!!

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
jimmyrickson

Post by jimmyrickson »

Does anyone else have this happen?

If I have the wipers on and turn off the engine, they don't turn back on when I re-start the car. I have to turn them off then on again.

Of course, what happens with the rear wipers is that, because they don't re-start, I go to turn them on when they already are and end up pouring a pint of windscreen wash down the back of the car.

(Not sure why Citroen feel the need to pump a gallon of screen wash out every time I pull the stick anyway.)https://discord.software/ FetLife vshare
Last edited by jimmyrickson on Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Do you mean the automatic wipers? Auto wipers need to be restarted at every engine start.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

It's so they don't break if you start your car up next morning when they are iced up or covered in snow. I asked the same question a year ago and a bunch of people here responded saying it's common. (Just not on any car I had in the past)
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
airboneone

Post by airboneone »

remove plastic cover under the hood that conceals the wiper motor and the wiper link arms.
Turn on your wipers, then turn them off so that the nut in the center of the wiper motor is accessible ( if it isn't already)
schmoo2k

Post by schmoo2k »

I think this is a "feature"?
2020 C5 Aircross - 1.5 BLUEHDI 130 S&S EAT8
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

jimmyrickson wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:20 pm Does anyone else have this happen?

If I have the wipers on and turn off the engine, they don't turn back on when I re-start the car. I have to turn them off then on again.

Of course, what happens with the rear wipers is that, because they don't re-start, I go to turn them on when they already are and end up pouring a pint of windscreen wash down the back of the car.

(Not sure why Citroen feel the need to pump a gallon of screen wash out every time I pull the stick anyway.)https://discord.software/ FetLife vshare
Aren’t all cars like that?
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Modern cars with multiplexed wiring do this.
You move the wiper switch and that sends a code to the BSI. That switched on the wipers. You switch off the ignition and when you switch it back ON the system resets. That requires you to put the switch off so you can switch them on again.
No switch directly connects to an end user.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Deleted User 365

Post by Deleted User 365 »

Beanee687 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:13 pm Modern cars with multiplexed wiring do this.
You move the wiper switch and that sends a code to the BSI. That switched on the wipers. You switch off the ignition and when you switch it back ON the system resets. That requires you to put the switch off so you can switch them on again.
No switch directly connects to an end user.
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Both my C5 Aircross and C4 Cactus Mk2 do this - it's a function of modern electrical systems
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Original post was June 2019 year. I doubt if the OP is worried now.
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

routemaster1 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:54 pm Original post was June 2019 year. I doubt if the OP is worried now.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic