Water out of rear doors

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Freedombtn

Post by Freedombtn »

Ive noticed recently when it has rained and i open rear doors a pool of water runs from insde both doors near door pillar. There is a hole for this to happen, but surely water should not get between inner and outer skin of car.
Anybody else got this.
Thanks

grahams

Post by grahams »

Is this a C3 or C5 Aircross?
Freedombtn

Post by Freedombtn »

This is a C 3 Feel.
Freedombtn

Post by Freedombtn »

Okay so went to dealers today and asked about said problem, there reply was yes thats correct you will get water between the inner/outer door skin, but it will drain out through drain holes. This in my opinion is a design flaw which will cause the door skins to corode from inside. So Citroen UK if youre reading this be prepaid to compensate owners for this design flaw.
Looking forward to Citroen UK reply to this.
Or dont they care?
srperry

Post by srperry »

I don't think in 50 years of driving I've ever seen a motor vehicle that has doors that water can't get inside - if the windows open, water will get in. All vehicle doors have drains. Corrosion will only happen if the water cannot escape. By design is not a design flaw. If water alone was the cause of corrosion, then we'd all be driving round in rusting-from-the-outside vehicles and seeing brake discs falling apart from rust every time we used them!
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

This is normal. Doors are not waterproof as the window moves and do a gap exists water enters. The inner surface of the door isn't bare metal. Water escapes through the drain in the lower door edge. Problems start if the drains block. The door card has behind it a plastic membrane that stops water entering the car interior. Water inside car usually means that membrane is damaged.
The front scuttle drains are prone to blocking on C3s at the lower outlet which is through the gap between the inner wing panel and the wing liner. If it blocks then Water can build up in the front door pillar and can be heard slopping about.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Big_Hawk

Post by Big_Hawk »

srperry wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:17 am I don't think in 50 years of driving I've ever seen a motor vehicle that has doors that water can't get inside - if the windows open, water will get in. All vehicle doors have drains. Corrosion will only happen if the water cannot escape. By design is not a design flaw. If water alone was the cause of corrosion, then we'd all be driving round in rusting-from-the-outside vehicles and seeing brake discs falling apart from rust every time we used them!
Srperry.... You've just described the Vauxhall Wyvern I once owned! :lol: