Advice on buying a C3 Aircross

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
esseepee

Post by esseepee »

Hi all
I am looking to by a second hand C3 Aircross and currently reading review after review. My main decision is which engine to buy, 82 or 110 bhp. The price difference varies around £1000 on a 2018 plate and wondered if the increase in power and slight improvement on MPG is worth it. Thanks in advance for any advice and experience you may give me.

Steve

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

My advice would be to go for the one one with more more power for no other reason than you never know when a bit more shove might come in handy. If you do a lot of long runs fully loaded it makes for a relaxed drive. If on the other hand you driving leans to local lightly loaded runs then less power should be adequate. Manufacturers spends millions designing and building cars for all types of driving, go for what best suits you. I test drove a Skoda Karoq with the 1 litre engine and the 1.5 litre engine. Around town - no real difference, but on the open road the 1.5 was the clear leader for pulling up hills.
Test drive both and see what works for you.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
esseepee

Post by esseepee »

Thanks Andy....I agree and think it will come down to test driving both versions.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Depends how you drive and what you are used to. I can't see the reasoning behind saying 'get the 110 because it has extra power if you need it'. In that case, get the 130 rather than the 110 for exactly the same reason. What's that, got a 200hp car? Better get the 300hp. Oh, it is 300! Better go for the 400 then for getting you out of a tight spot....
The 110 got me, wife, child, cargo and topbox quite easilly up and down the mountains in Wales and Lake District but then, so did my 55hp Suzuki I used to have, just in a lower gear and a few mph slower.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
Bertiebus

Post by Bertiebus »

The larger engine would mean easier driving, plus the little extra poke should you need it,
I dropped from a 130 bhp megane to 120 ds4.
Wife hated it,
But she went from a 90bhp captur to a 110 c3 air,
She loves the extra power, the ease of the drive.

I would pick the power first, then look at the toys, find a good spec with extras,
We bought a dealer launch car, with so many toys, the best being the heads up display unit!
esseepee

Post by esseepee »

I currently have 1.0 turbo SRI Astra 2016 plate, it has the sport mode but I only use it if I can see a need to which is not that often and ideally you want the power on demand. We do a lot of hill walking so spend a lot of time driving up and down generally in the Peak District and north wales. On reading your great comments I’m leaning to the 110 bhp as I think it will be an easier car to drive and have that extra power on demand if needed.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

I would go for the higher powered one if it is fitted with a 6 speed gearbox.