C5 Aircross lighting control

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Hi all,
On the end of the lighting control arm on the steering wheel is a button. Does anyone know what it is supposed to do?
I know the one on the wiper arm does the trip computer stuff but cannot work out the other one. Have tried both day and night driving at different speeds but nothing seems to happen.
Any help appreciated.
Cheers.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.

srperry

Post by srperry »

I'm pretty sure that the end-of-indicator stalk button is used to reset the service indicator- see page 26 of the PDF version of the manual 'resetting the service indicator'.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

On mine that is done by pressing the check/000 button at the bottom of the instrument panel.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
srperry

Post by srperry »

Andy, you are correct - I've checked and it's the same on mine. I just found on page 3 of the Citroen Connect Radio manual section (page 229 of the PDF manual) that the button is used to activate Voice Control in some models - see 'Steering mounted controls - Type 2' section... and also in the Citroen Connect Nav section of the manual it says the same thing on page 248.

I think in the Flair and Flair Plus models at least the button is redundant.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
DavidZ

Post by DavidZ »

On mine it activates mobile hands free voice activation
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

On my Feel it starts Google when I have my phone plugged in. But then, so does the button with the pic of a face talking.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
Markashby27

Post by Markashby27 »

Was wondering that today. My button seems to do nothing. Will check tomorrow about the voice activation.