Profile Setting

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Chriss.Packet

Post by Chriss.Packet »

C3 aircross new.
After setting my profile with engine stop start to OFF I find when returning to the car after a journey it has switched itself to ON :cry: and it's necessary to set once again. Is there something incorrect?

srperry

Post by srperry »

I don't think you can turn off stop/start permanently, only until the next time you start the car. I'm not sure why you'd want to anyway because it's designed to reduce pollution which is a good thing?

My Cactus was the first car I've had it on and I used that for three years with no issues. My C5 Aircross is the same.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
grahams

Post by grahams »

Stop Start Deactivation/Reactivation
In certain circumstances, such as the need
to maintain the temperature in the passenger compartment, it may be useful to deactivate the Stop & Start system.
The system can be deactivated at any time, once the ignition is switched on.
If the engine is in STOP mode, it then restarts.
The Stop & Start system is reactivated automatically every time the ignition is switched on.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

I suspect that it relates to Citroen hitting their manufacturers emissions targets. If you could turn it off permanently, the car would produce more emissions which would have to be taken into account. It's the same as the lane departure warning, you can turn it off for any single trip but if you could turn it off completely, the car wouldn't get the same safety rating .
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
Chriss.Packet

Post by Chriss.Packet »

Disappointing for me though it is, I take the point on pollution. There was an option on my last car (sportage) that allowed to be switched off, hence me asking the question. Thank you for your replies .
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

It's possible that a garage could turn it off permanently ? I doubt a 'Citroen' garage would be allowed to, but you could ask around. My last car had additional features that could be enabled and disabled only at the garage.
At first I was a bit bothered that I couldn't turn off the start/stop but I got used to it fairly fast and now I kind of like the fact that it's saving me money every time I stop at the lights. Put your foot on the clutch when you see the 'other direction' lights turn to red and you can still make a fast getaway when your lights turn.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.