Which disk format should I use for USB

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Alan Walley

Post by Alan Walley »

You should only have two files on the stick, the SWL folder and one licence file, when you download the licence it needs to be put in a folder named licence all in lower case.

Hope this helps

Alan

MikeBrad

Post by MikeBrad »

The unpacking process should create a folder called (if my memory is correct) SWL, which contains several sub-folders and files. This SWL folder should then be copied onto a clean, newly formatted USB3 stick. I find it better to unpack onto my PC hard drive, then copy the SWL folder and it’s contents across to the USB stick, plus the licence/activation file. In summary, your USB stick should contain only 2 items, namely the SWL folder and the licence/activation file. You should then be good to go - don’t forget to allow a couple of minutes after starting your car, to allow the system to fully load, before inserting the USB stick.
Good luck! Let us know if it works ok?
grahams

Post by grahams »

I have found the Citroen instructions at the link below have worked for me.
It's important to follow the instructions and not miss a step. Use a freshly formatted (FAT32) USB3 stick of minimum 16Gb capacity. Files should be extracted (unzipped) to the computers hard drive first then copied to the USB.

https://citroen-uk-en.custhelp.com/ci/f ... Manual.pdf

Graham
Ianbhenderson73

Post by Ianbhenderson73 »

Ok. It's now too late to do anything tonight other than set up the memory stick ready to try it out tomorrow.

I have now formatted the memory stick as FAT32 (as it was before), and transferred the unpacked files onto it.

The update itself (which is for the vehicle touchscreen) is in a folder named PSA_rcc-firmware_1_075_16-1B116_RCC_EU_W2, which contains a folder named rcc_update and a file called UpdateInfo.xml. The rcc_update folder contains 12 BIN files, 1 CMS file, 1 DNL file and an XML file.

The PSA_rcc-firmware_1_075_16-1B116_RCC_EU_W2 folder has been copied into the root of the USB drive, along with the licence file (license_2D075039001371119472.key). Hopefully when I plug the memory stick into the car tomorrow night, everything will work as it should.
TrisNez

Post by TrisNez »

Don not copy the PSA_rcc-firmware_1_075_16-1B116_RCC_EU_W2 folder to the root, but the contents of that folder.
The contents of the FAT32 USB drive should look like the picture.
That worked for me.

1.gif

Hope this helps.
Burnt to the core but not broken
Ianbhenderson73

I think so. I've now changed it so that the root of the memory stick contains the folder that was previously inside the PSA_rcc-firmware_1_075_16-1B116_RCC_EU_W2, along with the UpdateInfo.xml file and the licence key file. Hopefully when I try this again tonight it'll work this time.
Ianbhenderson73

Ok folks, this is now officially getting old.

The roof my USB drive contains three items:

1. UpdateInfo.xml;
2. license_2D075039001371119472.key;
3. rcc_update - this folder and the UpdateInfo.xml file were the only two things contained in the PSA_rcc-firmware_1_075_16-1B116_RCC_EU_W2 folder;

When I inserted the chip into the USB port, it gave me an error message (I forget what it was though). If I can't figure this out soon I think I'm going to have to admit defeat and consult the dealership. There has to be an easier way of updating the touchscreen.
grahams

Post by grahams »

COPYING THE SOFTWARE UPDATE TO THE USB KEY
The software and mapping updates will download into separate ZIP files. The files within the ZIP need to be extracted onto your computer hard drive before you copy them onto the USB key (due to file size allowances on FAT32 format).

The mapping and software updates will both extract into separate files named ‘SWL’. They should not be renamed – the car only reads ‘SWL’ files

🔸 You cannot have two folders with the same name on the same USB key
🔸 Updates must therefore be performed in two seperate operations
🔸The software update, if available, should always be performed first – anticipated extraction and transfer time (USB key with 3.0 speed): 10 minutes
🔸Right-click the software update ZIP file ‘PSA_ovip-int-firmware’. Select your extraction tool (e.g. ‘7-Zip’, ‘WinZip’) and click ‘Extract Here’, saving this onto your computer hard drive
🔸 Copy the extracted ‘SWL’ file onto the empty USB key
🔸 Copy the license file onto the USB key underneath the ‘SWL’ file you have copied. The license file is not in ZIP format so does. not need to be extracted
You should now have one ‘SWL’ folder and one license file on the USB key.

Have a look at this link - advice worked for me

https://citroen-uk-en.custhelp.com/ci/f ... Manual.pdf

Graham
Ianbhenderson73

Hi Graham

I keep making this point, but nobody seems to be paying any attention. The software update that I need to run is for the Touchscreen. It has NOTHING to do with satellite navigation software, or mapping - my model doesn't offer that particular function. I can certainly rename the folder to SWL, but I'm not convinced that it would make any difference.
TrisNez

Post by TrisNez »

I understand, my earlier post was about the map update indeed.
Sorry about that.
Burnt to the core but not broken