First year anniversary

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Alan Walley

Post by Alan Walley »

It was a year ago today that we picked up our C3 Aircross from our dealer, it is the Flair 1.2 Puretech 130 S & S, in Soft Sand with a Black roof and the Orange colour pack.

It also has the Panoramic Sun roof which we have found to be excellent especially with this years weather.

We did not have the traction control option or the park assist, we have however had a reversing camera fitted (not by Citroen).

We have covered 5123 miles at a average of 46.7 mpg.

We have had no trouble with it and we love the car, it is a very easy car to live with being extremely versatile, we have two folding electric bikes which with the back seats pushed forward fit in the load area easily.

A couple of niggles, the glove box is a waste of time and I found the map updating a bit difficult at first but I have managed to sort it now.

20181113_104846.JPG

Alan Walley

Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Thanks for the update.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
Andi

Post by Andi »

What a good idea, can we all do a summary on the first year experience.
AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

Totally agree on the glove box comment. Having come from the travel chest that was in the Cactus' dashboard, storage in the cabin of the Aircross is a disappointment. On the other hand, less stuff to rattle around.
grahams

Post by grahams »

Completely agree. As a previous owner of a Cactus the glove box was fab, Aircross box not really fit for purpose by comparison. Thought the position of the Cactus passenger air bags a great concept, shame they didn't continue with the Aircross. Also liked the Cactus below bonnet parking of the windscreen wipers and the screen washer incorporated into the wipers. I know a number of Cactus owners had problems but my experience over three years was positive.

Enjoying my Aircross over the past year of ownership. For me a better transmission drive than my past Cactus although petrol consumption not as good. Enjoy the sliding pano roof but would like option of auto close with ignition off.

This is not a shot at Citroen but a general comment about the motor industries adoption of screen access to functions. Considering how safety measures in cars has improved so much over the years screen access is a huge step back. Gone are the days when by touch (or with a momentary glance) you could select music or radio channels, adjust heater/ air circulation and air con etc. Now it's eyes off the road, stare at the screen, scroll, swipe and generally poke around and select!! Not the best! That said head up display great.

Flair 1.2 Pure Tech 110
Natural White, Ink Black Bi tone roof
Metropolitan Grey Ambiance trim
Silver Colour Pack
Opening Pano roof
Family Pack
Techno HiFi Pack
Grip Control
Head up Display
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I think the reason that Citroen fit the Lane Departure Warning System as standard is they know people will be fiddling with the touchscreens and swerving all over the road! :lol:
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
Tuneras

Post by Tuneras »

Alan Walley wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:29 pm It was a year ago today that we picked up our C3 Aircross from our dealer, it is the Flair 1.2 Puretech 130 S & S, in Soft Sand with a Black roof and the Orange colour pack.

It also has the Panoramic Sun roof which we have found to be excellent especially with this years weather.

We did not have the traction control option or the park assist, we have however had a reversing camera fitted (not by Citroen).

We have covered 5123 miles at a average of 46.7 mpg.

We have had no trouble with it and we love the car, it is a very easy car to live with being extremely versatile, we have two folding electric bikes which with the back seats pushed forward fit in the load area easily.

A couple of niggles, the glove box is a waste of time and I found the map updating a bit difficult at first but I have managed to sort it now.

20181113_104846.JPG

Alan Walley
Please tell more about the reversing camera you have fitted!
/ Hans
C3 Aircross 110 5-speed, Feel, natural white
city pack /swedish edition, heated front seats, wireless charging, automatic wipers,
auto safety brake, rear parking sensors
production date 05 april 2018
srperry

Post by srperry »

Just traded in my Cactus at three years old for a new C5 Aircross Flair, which I collected yesterday. My Cactus had done 32064 miles at an average of 46.4mpg. Very happy with that.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Hi srperry,
What are your first impressions?
I ordered mine after a short test drive, I was really impressed. Now waiting delivery mid April.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
srperry

Post by srperry »

I love it! Quiet while driving at speed, very comfortable, still economical. Has good pace too. Much bigger than the Cactus! I was worried that, even after testing one, that the 130 Puretech wouldn't be enough for the size of car, but it's fine - even with passengers and weight in the boot...
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience