Heads up

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Jackiem

Post by Jackiem »

Hi, my heads up hasn't come up first thing these last 2 mornings, thinking it's due to the weather being cooler because as the morning gets warmer it works. Has anyone else encountered anything similar.

RosieG

Post by RosieG »

No I haven't had any problems with it apart from an annoying rattle which stops when I tap the top of the dash!!
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Rosie, is it a regular constant rattle? I'm wondering if the motor that lifts the screen up isn't stopping when the screen is fully raised and you tapping the dash is tripping the switch that lets the motor know the screen is in place ???

Jackiem. I don't have a heads up unit but that doesn't sound right. Perhaps it is too snug a fit and when the dash is cold it contracts a fraction of a mm and grips the unit too tightly for the motor to raise it. When it warms up, the gap expands and the motor can do its job. Maybe?
If not, are you using the windscreen screen clear function which draws a lot of power and perhaps doesn't leave enough for the motor to drive the display motor? Either way, I'd pop it back to the garage and ask them to sort it.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
RosieG

Post by RosieG »

Hi JayR I suppose it's more like vibration when I first start the car up and it continues until I tap it. So not quite sure what is doing it. It's not a big issue I can live with it until we are next passing our Citroen dealer it's just annoying at times!