Map updates ??

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

I'm not sure whether it has been mentioned, but on a C4 Picasso, you need to keep the engine running during the process, as if the economy mode cuts in, the system will crash causing big issues. (I don't know if there is economy mode on C3 or C5 Aircross.

Hot Weasel

Post by Hot Weasel »

Thanks srperry.

I was sure something I had read said it should be NTFS. I have now tried FAT32 and it has worked. I will update on the way to work in the morning. Thx
srperry

Post by srperry »

Glad to help.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
captain.cupcake

Post by captain.cupcake »

Hi all,

This is my first posting on here. I only picked up my new C5 Aircross 10 days ago (and I'm in love already!!) :lol:

I'm trying to do the latest update for the navigation system. I've downloaded the zip file without any problem and copied it across to a USB stick and that is as far as I've got.

I have read just most of the postings on here about installing the update to the onboard system. The PDF file mentions a .tar and a .key file, can someone tell me where I would find both the .tar and .key files.

I've looked through everything that was downloaded but just cannot find these 2 files - can someone point me in the right direction or tell me where/ how I get them.
I've spent so long on this I now can't see the wood for the trees!!! :oops:

Sorry if this question has been asked before and I somehow missed it!

Thanks in advance
2019 Citroen C5 Aircross Flair Plus EAT8 Lava Red
clarkmsn

Post by clarkmsn »

Hi Captain Cupcake
You only need the key file if you are updating the touch screen not for the maps
You have downloaded the map update but have you unzipped it. When you do the file will be a TAR and will be in a SWL folder. Hope it helps
grahams

Post by grahams »

I have a C3 but I would guess the Map or Touch Screen download procedure is the same for a C5. I find the Citroen instructions work for me. Important to use a USB 3 stick freshly formatted before unzipping and downloading. If you have both a Map and Touch Screen update do each one as a separate procedure - formatting between. .
The link to the instructions is below.

Hope it helps.

https://citroen-uk-en.custhelp.com/ci/f ... Manual.pdf
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

I apologise if this has already been covered by other posts, but I can't seem to find a solution to updating my Maps!
I have downloaded the file onto my Mac, unzipped it as instructed, have used a brand new 16gb USB 3.0 flash drive formatted to MS DOS (FAT) copied the SWL file onto the USB drive (though never saw a Licence file)
I inserted the drive into my car with the Tom Tom logo activated, the USB was read and asked if I wanted to update the maps, after a short while i received the message 'no media content on USB stick'
I have reformatted the drive numerous times but get same result, any ideas please?
I have just received an email from Citroen requesting I use a 32gb drive instead, though I can't see what difference this makes, there is only around 9gb being used on this one?
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi, I haven't updated mine recently but have copied below a comment I made a while ago earlier in this thread - I do have a Mac but did the following on a Windows 10 PC - one difference might be that you need to format to FAT32 not FAT, and I used 7Zip rather than WinZip as the latter caused problems (I know the Mac will have completely different packages). Might be worth trying on a Windows PC if you don't have any luck? I can't remember what happened exactly but although I also got the 'no media' message, it still went on to update successfully.

Hi, the following worked for me today... did a quick format (FAT32) of a 16GB USB3 memory stick in Windows, used 7Zip to extract the downloadad .tar file, copied SWL folder (nothing else) to the USB stick, waited for the TomTom Traffic icon to come up (thanks for that tip!), the 'no media' message came up followed by option to install, worked OK, probably around 40 minutes or more. My first attempt resulted in the initial message 'update failed due to corrupted file' - that time I had used WinZip, and although I had deleted everything from the USB stick first (which was FAT32), I hadn't formatted it. Not sure which of these caused the problem but anyway... BTW the first time I also tried copying the folder inside the SWL one to the USB stick, but that wasn't recognised at all.
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Thanks John, will try downloading it on my wife's Windows Laptop and see what happens.
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue
-VJ-

Post by -VJ- »

I also have to use Win laptop, my Mac doesn't unpack license file correct. 16 GB stick was enough.
C3 Aircross Shine 1,5 BlueHDI 100 "Pull me over red", Tornio, Finland