Map updates ??

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Meggie144

Post by Meggie144 »

Hi.
I am computer literate and have been following the thread with interest. I haven't attempted an update as yet, only had the car since September. My question is, what do the owners who are not computer literate do when they want to update their Sat Nav? The whole process seems very complicated, when I purchased the car the dealer said you simply download a update from the internet onto a memory stick and put it into the USB port and it updates from there. It does seem if you don't have the skills of a programmer the whole updating process is a nightmare.

mike1940

Post by mike1940 »

:o FAT 32 with 16gb. Make sure the memory stick is reformatted. Follow instructions when downloadinf the file and unzipping.
I had a struggle but the memory stick I was using. It had been used for other downloads and despite reformatting did not work. Bought a new Sandisk 16bg and it worked. Hope this helps. :ugeek:
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Ref Meggie144's post, I agree that updating is not straightforward and wouldn't be easy without reasonable knowledge of using 7-Zip/WinZip and formatting memory sticks etc. I'm also amazed that satnav documentation is always poor from Citroen - there's basic information in the manual but you have to work out for yourself that roads marked in orange indicate slow traffic & red stationary traffic (obvious maybe), and the little numbers show the number of minutes delay etc. (unless someone here has found a useful manual anywhere?)
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
bassdrummer123

Post by bassdrummer123 »

got my c3 aircross flair 2 days ago, do i assume that the maps will be fully updated by the technician at the dealership ?
MikeBrad

Post by MikeBrad »

Not necessarily!! Download the “My Citroen” app onto your mobile phone, and once you’ve registered with your VIN you will get a notification whenever a map or touchscreen update is available for your system.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

I found the App not entirely reliable. I updated my car and the App still said it needed updating for months after. It wasn't till I changed phone until it registered that I had the latest version of the software installed in the car.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows how up-to-date the map updates actually are? I updated to Version 12 yesterday but it still doesn't recognise (for example) the postcode for IKEA Exeter, which opened 7 months ago.
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
clarkmsn

Post by clarkmsn »

I have successfully updated both touch screen and maps but agree it is not for the faint hearted. you need some IT knowledge to achieve it and instructions from the various help lines vary.

I have C3 Aircross Flair 130

I discovered the following and I hope this helps you.

You need a USB3 stick with 16gb

Winzip doesn't work you need to use Zip7

FAT 32 works as the format fine

You need to copy the entire SWL folder as the system will not find if files are taken out of the folder.

It is MOST important when in the car to wait for the system to load before inserting the USB

I found the touch screen needs to be on music when inserting the USB as this appears to make the system search the stick. " No media files" appears but then the map file is found and you are asked if you want to load it.

If you are updating the touch screen the license needs to be in its own folder named license. it is probable the folder needs the English spelling license not licence.
Hot Weasel

Post by Hot Weasel »

Anybody else use a Mac?

I have tried on a brand new USB 2.0 I bought, then saw the notes about USB 3.0. I have now bought a USB 3.0 and tried again but am still getting something like "USB cannot be read" or something similar. Both times I have formatted as NTFS using NTFS For Mac, and have just put the SWL folder on the stick. I have also started the car and waited for TomTom to fully load.
srperry

Post by srperry »

The USB must be formatted as FAT32. NTSC will definitely not work.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience