Map updates ??

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Noty

Post by Noty »

Just been onto the website and entered My Citroen via Smartphone, it tells me I can update my maps from

http://download.tomtom.com/OEM/PSA/MAP/ ... AVE2.tarMy Citroën by downloading the updates to USB etc.

They lie the site is unavailable,

Anybody any ideas?
C3 Aircross Pure Tech 110 S&S EAT6 Shine ................... Noty

Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Sorry, I don't have maps. Perhaps someone else will be able to help?
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
MikeBrad

Post by MikeBrad »

Try this link, then enter your VIN:-

http://citroen.navigation.com/home/en_G ... enEMEA/GBP

I seem to remember that when my map (and Touchscreen) update became available, I had the option within the My Citroen app to choose email as a means to send me the appropriate link.
Noty

Post by Noty »

Got an email from my Citroen with a slightly different download link

http://download.tomtom.com/OEM/PSA/MAP/ ... _WAVE2.tar

now down loading but by the look of the speed it is going to take some 2 - 3 hrs. Typical of Tom Tom download speeds.
Noty

Post by Noty »

Downloaded the update but could not get it as per instructions to transfer to a USB stick. Despite the fact that my stick was empty - reformatted - and 128 Gb. The download file was 8.7 Gb but the system kept telling me 'the destination is Full - failed transfer'. Tried as Administrator and in 'Safe Mode'.

Then I tried downloading direct to USB - kept hanging. 'Destination Full' - Tried the other link mentioned and put in my VIN but it would not recognise C3 Aircross or my VIN #. Then I tried the C4 Aircross which is the Chinese version of our C3, €199 if you want the download.

Given it in as a bad job .............. Tom Tom sucks!

Thank you all for your help, I have a problem with the Mirror function for my mobile but I'll leave that for another day.

Noty
MikeBrad

Post by MikeBrad »

Just a thought before you give up on it, but is it a USB3 stick (which it needs to be), and did you “unzip”/extract the downloaded file from your PC onto the stick?
Noty

Post by Noty »

Think I have found the problem - Stick is FAT32 needs to be NTFS to transfer large files above 4 GB, see

https://www.howtogeek.com/226992/htg-ex ... ash-drive/
Noty

Post by Noty »

Thanks for help MikeBrad,

The downloaded file is a .tar file, it does not have the .tar.gz which means it is not zipped?

I am now presuming that once it downloaded and transferred to the USB Stick I can just plug it into the car's USB port and see what happens? :-)
IKP

Post by IKP »

Noty,

No you will need to extract the files and directories from the tar file. I found with experimentation that 7zip works better than Winzip.

Using a Windows PC, extract the files etc. from the tar file and copy them all to the USB stick. Maintain the directory structure of the original, and you can only have the one tar file extracted to the device at a time, so if its the software and map upgrade its extract, upgrade and repeat.

With the recent map upgrade, the dealer completed the software one as part of the pre-delivery activity, it takes time and can be fussy about the memory stick.

FYI:
.tar is a non compressed tar (tape archive format), .tgz is the compressed version. But both can be extracted with the right PC tool.

Hope this helps.

IKP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C3 Aircross Flair PureTech 130 S&S with Techno HiFi Pack
IKP

C3 Aircross Flair PureTech 130 S&S with Techno HiFi Pack
Noty

Post by Noty »

OK no luck at all with the map update.

I downloaded the .tar update file and extracted the files to my laptop, then transferred them to the USB stick in both FAT32 and NTFS file formats. Then tried the stick in the car with engine running, and on both occasions the screen report was "USB files not recognised".

Then I extracted the files from the .tar file direct to the USB stick in both FAT32 and NTFS, tried them in the car and got the same results.

Quite where one goes from here I know not.