C3 Aircross oil level low warning.

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Beanee3

Post by Beanee3 »

On Sunday I started my car after it had been parked all night in my garage. The dash told me "oil level correct", "Tyre pressure OK"
I drove 15 miles round trip and parked on my drive. However although I do this many times, this time I was expecting visitors so parked to one side. That area is sloped downward from the garage but also slopes down to the left. I left the car parked there for 8 hours.
In the evening we got in the car and I started it up. After a couple of minutes the dash showed low oil level on the touch screen. A flashing red oil can and the sat nav flashed up a map showing the local garages.
I drove 4 miles and back and put the car away in the garage.
Yesterday I dipped the oil when she had been stood on level ground over night. Oil on stick at ¾ of the marked area. Started car No warnings.
So beware if you park on slope with rear of car lower than the front yiu may or may not get a warning but if Yiu park on a slope with the car lefthand side lower than the right and rear lower than the front you may get a warning.
Car is due first service and oil change tomorrow.
No oil has been added since new and she has done 7835 miles.

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

I've had this issue on a C3 and a C4 Picasso. Once the alarm hs come up it stays on. All you have to do to get rid of it is to stop the car on the level, switch off the engine and wait approx one minute until the electrics power down, then on restart all should be OK. If you still have the warning, then you may well have an issue. This problem is a little inconvenient for me as I have a drive with a slight slope on it and it means I must always park my car front-in.