Incompatible Touchscreen Update

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
MikeBrad

Post by MikeBrad »

Since purchasing my C3 Aircross Flair some 3 months ago, I’ve successfully installed two map updates, so I’m familiar and comfortable with the process of downloading, unzipping and copying to USB 3 stick for installation in the car. This morning I had the notification via the My Citroen app that a Touchscreen update was available for my car, so I went through the almost identical download process, copying the extracted SWL folder plus the licence file to the USB stick, only to get the error message on my touchscreen:-

“ Version not compatible with hardware”.

Any thoughts on how that can be??

ChrisC3A

Post by ChrisC3A »

I've had my C3Aircross for about 2 weeks now and once I'd sync'd the My Citroen App with the car I had both a Screen and a Map update available. As not having a USB stick suitable and using a Mac I've not tried to download them.

I have now got myself a suitable stick yesterday and after the thread confirming using a Mac to load it I thought I'd give it a go. However the Touchscreen update has disappeared.

Maybe it's a bad file... is the update still on the app??
C3 Aircross Shine 130 in White, Black Roof with Silver Bars
Located in Sunny Spain
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

I don't think the App is accurate. I updated mine to the latest software and the App didn't change Its notification. Suspect it only changes when the garage registers the change???
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
MikeBrad

Post by MikeBrad »

Thanks both, for responding. Even though I had downloaded, but failed to install, the touchscreen update, it’s still showing in the My Citroen app on my iPhone with the link to “Send the download link by email”, which is what I did. Try fully closing the app, perhaps even rebooting your device, to see if it reappears?
I messaged Customer Support through their website, and received a fairly prompt reply, but it was unhelpful in that it contained a PowerPoint presentation which was a mish-mash of copies and pastes. There was however one slight difference in their guidance in the way that the USB stick should be formatted, so I’m going to try that today and will let you know.
Jay R - did your update go smoothly? Any tips?
MikeBrad

Post by MikeBrad »

Hi again Chris,

I’ve just received this back from Citroen, so if you can’t access the update via the app, you should be able to do so via the links below. Haven’t had a chance yet to retry my own update:-

Thanks for your patience whilst this has been looked into.

I can confirm that the instructions in my previous e-mail is for your touch screen software update.

Just to let you know that I`ve attached the following hyperlinks for this update:

Touch screen software version dated 21.07.16.32_NAC-r0 - 18/07/2018:
https://majestic-web.mpsa.com/mjf00-web ... D4EACB366D

Touch screen software license:
https://majestic-web.mpsa.com/mjf00-web ... 207679.key

Please use an empty USB stick which will need to be formatted with 16 GB capacity. The USB stick receiving the updated mapping must be FAT32/MBR format to be recognised by the system.

Please open these files on your computer and transfer the contents one by one to your formatted USB stick.

You`ll need to extract the contents of the downloaded files on your pc with the software "7-ZIP" and then to copy them in the root of the formatted USB stick.
Please use the same procedure indicated in the attachment.

Thanks again for contacting Citroën customer care and please feel free to get back in touch if there’s anything else we can do.

Kind regards
Oriana Black
Customer Care Advisor
0800 093 9393
MikeBrad

Post by MikeBrad »

Eureka! I’ve now successfully updated. I went through the whole process again, but with two differences:-

1. I amended the “Allocation Unit Size” in the Format dialogue box to 4096 bytes.
2. In-car, I waited a couple of minutes for the Nav system to fully load, until “TomTom Traffic” appeared at the bottom right of the screen, then I inserted the USB stick.

Hey Presto, the update process started and completed!
ChrisC3A

Post by ChrisC3A »

Hi Mike
Thanks... just downloading it now :)

However I won't have a chance to update the Touchscreen or the Nav for another couple weeks as my car is in my garage space in Spain...LOL!
We are moving there permanently then. I'll keep you posted how it goes
C3 Aircross Shine 130 in White, Black Roof with Silver Bars
Located in Sunny Spain
raggydee

Post by raggydee »

Hi MikeBrad, I also am having trouble updating my C3 AirCross sat nav although I have successfully updated touch screen but cannot figure out how to update satnav!! I have file on my PC which is about 8gb or so but cannot transfer it to a 32gb usb stick!?! Just says file too large! Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated.
cheers

raggydee

C3 Aircross Flair - 110 auto - spicy orange matching interior with every option available!! (see attached pics)
MikeBrad

Post by MikeBrad »

Have you “unzipped” (or “extracted”) the downloaded file, which process creates a folder entitled “SWL” containing a number of sub-folders and files? It’s the SWL folder that you copy to the USB stick.
raggydee

Post by raggydee »

Hi MikeBrad, perfic! have successfully updated Satnav -thanks for your help/advice.

regards