Diesel or petrol

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
RosieG

Post by RosieG »

Hi all can I have some advice here please. My petrol Flair Aircross is on order but at the earliest will be September, ordered April. Have the chance of the same spec ie all the packs that I have asked for but diesel 100bhp for 3k less that's in stock and I don't know what to do! Patience is not my thing when it comes to cars but I don't want to make a costly mistake. Hubby doesn't like diesel full stop so I'm not getting a lot of help! Any advice would be appreciated please. Should I just hang in there...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jay R

Post by Jay R »

I don't think there is a great difference in them. Tried both before purchasing my petrol and the diesel was fine. I guess it just comes down to what you like personally.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi, one thing to think about is the sort of driving you do i.e. is is it mainly short trips around town/to work or quite a lot of motorway driving? Diesel is better suited to the latter as the diesel particulate filter (DPF) can get clogged up if it doesn't get hot enough to burn the impurities off, and can cause performance issues e.g. loss of power. I had this on a C3 Picasso & the dealer said I needed to run it at fairly high revs for around 30mins every few weeks to clean the filter (in other words on the motorway at around 70mph). I believe the filters can require replacing if this isn't done and are expensive!
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
RosieG

Post by RosieG »

Thanks for your replies much appreciated. No it's only really short trips mainly and the guy I spoke to yesterday at the dealership didn't think it was the way to go for us either but the offer was very tempting! So I suppose just got to sit back and wait. It's not having a definite date to go by which I find frustrating. Our dealer said it could be pushed back even further.... If it isn't here by October I think I will have a serious re think. :cry:
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Look around E'bay, Autotrader and such. There are a few dealers selling new Aircross's from stock at good prices and you may find one that fits your spec. You may have to travel a bit to pick it up but if it means getting it much sooner....
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
RosieG

Post by RosieG »

Hi Jay spent the weekend looking that's when I found the diesel one. Unfortunately I really want the Flair petrol with sunroof and all the extra packs and everything apart from the diesel is missing something I want. Several dealers I spoke to said there was a real shortage of top spec petrol and very few coming into the UK however plenty of diesel as they are not proving very popular over here!
DavidZ

Post by DavidZ »

Get the diesel and go on a 3k holiday....without hubby 😊
RosieG

Post by RosieG »

Haha DavidZ love it!!! Well having taken a diesel out the other day must admit I was pleasantly surprised and really liked it so car is coming Wednesday - now to book the holiday :lol: :lol: :lol: