Updating Touchscreen Using iMac

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
emac

Post by emac »

had an issue trying to update touch screen followed the procedure given by Citreon kept getting USB not compatible with this vehicle
I had a new 64gb USB 3 stick fat32 downloaded new software and licence. same message.
In the section 4 of the procedure instructions it states,
"Create a 'Licence” folder on your USB stick (please use this exact spelling) and copy your *.key format licence file into it.”
Well this was my problem I had copied the name 'Licence” to a new folder on my usb pen drive as stated but noticed the actual key file started with “License" so I changed the folders name plugged in the usb stick started the car and it worked flawlessly was less than 20min.
all downloading done on a imac used the new card as bought as came formatted in fat32

Smarciu

Post by Smarciu »

I have done the same procedure. Works!
You can use the app to check for updates.
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Just to add, I followed a previous forum members very helpful advice and used the free 'Clean My Drive 2' app to format the Flash drive, this worked flawlessly after hours of frustrating attempts.
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue
grahams

Post by grahams »

Some feedback on the latest firmware update via My Citroen.

Just updated my screen firmware. Interesting the instruction pdf which is available with the update didn’t work.

Have had my C3 for for just over 2 years and have updated the firmware and maps a number of times without too much hassle.

I am an iMac user but have always formatted the USB on a Windows machine - just because its easier.
Formatted the USB, unzipped the SWL file and followed the My Citroen instruction pdf - see following section paste.

You now need to copy the extracted files on to your USB stick:
* -  Copy the extracted SWL file to the USB stick.
* -  Create a “Licence” folder on your USB stick (please use this exact spelling) and copy your *.key format licence file into it.

Did this, plugged in the USB - usual ‘no media’ message came up, waited ages but it did not progress any further. Tried again a few times - gave up.

Re formatted the USB and copied the extracted SWL file to the USB but instead of creating a “Licence” folder I just copied the licence file to the USB
See attached screen shot of USB.

Plugged in the USB - usual ‘no media’ message then a few moments later usual Yes/No to update boxes appeared. Pressed Yes to proceed - update successful.

C3 Flair 1.2 Pure Tech 110

Screenshot 2020-01-17 at 13.27.24.png

Big_Hawk

Post by Big_Hawk »

Grahams, I'm wondering whether the inconsistency in the spelling of licence had any bearing on the failure of your attempted update? I noticed that you created a licence folder on your usb stick, following the instructions given to use that exact spelling, licence with a "C"; but the file that you subsequently copied onto your stick, albeit not in a labelled a folder, had the alternative spelling of license with an "S". Just a thought...
Mothy

Post by Mothy »

The instructions are inconsistent. They do indeed reference both spellings of licence/license and one if them has an uppercase L. I just made license files with both spellings. I have also discovered on PC that winzip does not necessarily create a satisfactory set of data on the usb stick, while 7zip reliably does.

Roly
Roly Alcock, Upton Upon Severn, Citroen C3 Aircross 1.2L Flair 6 Speed, colour coded to match the dog.
grahams

Post by grahams »

Hi Big _Hawk, yes might be down to what you suggest. Will play around more next time an update is available.