Front seat buckle rest position

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
FredOxford

Post by FredOxford »

On my Aircross the rest position for the front seat belt buckle is too low. Because the seats are relatively wide there is not enough of a gap between the seats and the side plastic trim so the buckle rattles about when pulling or releasing the buckle from it's rest position. I have rectified this problem by (a) fitting a buckle stop button to the actual belt in a higher position and (b) placing a small piece of sticky fabric to the side plastic trim. No more scratchy rattles!

Jay R

Post by Jay R »

I found they are a bit low as well or a least, lower than my old car. I got used to it quite quickly though and they don't rattle in the front so it doesn't bother me. I found the rear right belt can rattle against the door while driving if it's not in the holding clip.

I did however drive round for 2 weeks with the rear middle seat belt dangling slightly before noticing in the manual that it holds magnetically up against the roof.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Turns out mine doesn't rattle because my son uses the front seat and it is too far forward. I slid it back a bit for my commute this morning and the buckle rattled against the adjustment knob. As you say, pining it a inch or so higher would sort it out. No need for me to do that at the moment but I may in future if needed. Thanks for the suggestion.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.