Park assist

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
John Minshall

Post by John Minshall »

Has anyone tried this yet? I’ve been testing it but so far only on pulling out of a parallel parking spot. It’s scary as hell gets a bit too close for comfort.
C3 Aircross 110A Flair Cosmic Silver/Black

billt

Post by billt »

Have just tried in & out of a parallel parking spot. Amazing! But I agree with your last sentence.
RosieG

Post by RosieG »

I've been summoning up the nerve to try it. Talked my daughter into coming with me and tried it out tonight in a quiet carpark. It's amazing but quite agree scary. My daughter who is late 20s was sat holding her breath 🤣 I asked if she wanted to try it and there was a resounding no for a reply. Probably with more practice it wouldn't seem so daunting.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

I don't have the self park but I do know the sensors aren't great at detecting bushes and leaves so if you are reversing into a space that has shrubbery on any side, be a bit more careful. Found that out when I reversed into a hedge.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
RosieG

Post by RosieG »

Thanks for the heads up 😂
Newuser133

Post by Newuser133 »

Sorry I'm struggling how do you activate this . I expected when I reversed that I would get beep as approached objects but not so far. Also how do you get camera to show you parking assist . Sorry to be an idiot not sure if we've switched something off or camera should come on automatically
RosieG

Post by RosieG »

If you have park assist as part of a pack you need to select the car module on the screen and follow instructions for parking one you have selected park assist see attached

Screenshot_20180920-164451_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

I tried the bay parking in Makro's car park last night. Its a bit terrifying watching the wheel spin like its possessed but on the two times I tried it, I was pretty impressed with the end result. Plenty of room both sides to get out of the car. Not sure Id use the bay parking thing though as I have never had a problem doing this and I can do it faster than the car AI can.

Discovered that it doesn't work with no cars. but will work with just one car and rows of empty slots, or just one car and a bushy kerb side

Have yet to find an opportunity to try the parallel parking - this Id find more useful especially if its a tight one.
SeaCrosser

Post by SeaCrosser »

This old post could probably do with a bump.
I've had only partial success with the PA system. It pulled me successfully out of a parallel park, though closer than I would have done it.
Several attempts tried in a quiet-ish supermarket carpark, but it won't reverse into a space.
I'd be interested to know how many people use PA and how many have paid for it but never use it.
1.6 PureTech 180 Auto Flair Plus in Volcano Red
martyness

Post by martyness »

I bought my C5 aircross used but it being a flair plus model I'm pretty sure PA came as standard on that model. I'll be honest though and say I've not tried it yet. Mainly because most of my parking is into bays and I always imagine it's quicker to do it yourself than sort it all out on the touchscreen.

I might one day have a play with it.
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts