Audio Sound Quality from the 6 speakers

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
FredOxford

Post by FredOxford »

C3 Aircross Auto Flair White no extras.
I have had my New Aircross about 2 weeks now and have been generally very happy with the car. One item I am disapointed with is the sound quality coming from the 6 speakers, there seems to be very little bass to the sound even after adjusting it. My previous car a C3 Picasso which I have not sold yet seems to sound quite a bit better! This applies to both FM and Dab. Does anyone else have an opinion on this matter? I will have to check that all of the speakers are working before consulting Citroen.

KNEWBY16

Post by KNEWBY16 »

Hi , have you put the loudness on , it's in the sound options , mine is very bass heavy just like I like it .
FredOxford

Post by FredOxford »

Yes I have tried the loudness option. I wonder where the base should come from? It usually comes from a subwoofer speaker? I find that I need to move Balance to the rear quite a bit to hear all speakers. I will have to listen to the sound in my Picasso again to compare.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Bass is a bit subjective. If you are used to listening to light classical music you'd probably say it has too much. If you listen to bass heavy techno music you'd say it's a bit thin. For me, ( 80's music.) it's fine.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
RosieG

Post by RosieG »

Did you have the techno pack it comes with a subwoofer?
FredOxford

Post by FredOxford »

Hi, No I have the flair trim with no extras I think the techno pack comes with head up display as well? i don't have that. I have 6 speakers if i turn up the volume loud and touch the speakers the front 2 do not vibrate? which makes me wonder whether they are not working? i would not think it is a fuse issue just for 2 speakers i will have to have a look. I agree the sound quality is difficult to judge but my Picasso definitely sounds better.
FredOxford

Post by FredOxford »

The 2 front speakers on my C3 Picasso don't vibrate either so perhaps my Audio is working correctly, still disappointed with the level of base.
Haybay

Post by Haybay »

Hi all.
Does anyone can tell what kind of speakers are fitted in c3 aircross PureTech Feel. Dimensions and power?
Thank you
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

I think there may be someone on here who has access to the Citroen service manual, hopefully he will be able to enlighten you.
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

Haybay wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:06 pm Hi all.
Does anyone can tell what kind of speakers are fitted in c3 aircross PureTech Feel. Dimensions and power?
Thank you
PSA don't provide details of the actual speakers in terms of output and ratings. You'd probably have to remove them to find anything useful - but I've done that before now and not seen anything significant. PSA tends to use the same bog standard speakers across most of the range and trim levels apart from the top end kit like the Focal Electra 14-speaker system found on some DS7 models.

The C3AC use the same speakers throughout the range, but those with the Techno Pack option get the 8 speaker system with Equaliser Amplifier and the additional front Centre Dash 'Medium' range speaker and the Subwoofer in the Rear.