Gear issues

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
SalopDad31

Post by SalopDad31 »

Good evening folks, I'm new to the forum but have been on previous * c4 cactus forum * before but since taking the delivery of my aircross I've come here for some advice. I've had the car for a few months now, only done about 400 miles or so but since the start I noticed selecting 4th gear and reverse is a bit of a struggle and sometimes really have to shift the gear stick to get into gear, no grinding sounds, just very clunky. Recently 4th gear has been fine, no issue but reverse is still quite clunky. Any one else had a similar issue? It could just be the set up of the gears, the fact the car is brand new so just needs to loosen up a little? I absolutely love the car and had no issues with anything apart from this which may not be an issue. Any advice would be much appricated. Thanks
Citroen C3 air cross, feel 110bhp SS passion red

Jay R

Post by Jay R »

I find mine stiffer than my old car but the old one had done 70,000 miles. I don't have trouble getting it in gear but you certainly feel it 'going in' more. Less, moving it into a position, and more notching it into place. I don't find it's a problem.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
John Minshall

Post by John Minshall »

I had the same issue with my C4 cactus and put it down to the characteristics of the engine/gear system
C3 Aircross 110A Flair Cosmic Silver/Black
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Though I did manage to reverse into a bush today. Never had reversing sensors before and apparently they don't work so well on bushes. I guess you need a certain density... started beeping when I was already in the bush. No harm done to the car, only my pride.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
SalopDad31

Post by SalopDad31 »

Brill cheers for your advice, like what you said Jay R it's less free moving but more notching in to place.. was just checking to see it wasn't only me as I love the car and don't want to have any early problems but sounds like it's a normal thing, espeically from the advice here and reviews on YouTube I've seen
Citroen C3 air cross, feel 110bhp SS passion red
Paulr

Post by Paulr »

I would take it into to Citroen and register it as a concern, make sure they make a note of it on their system. They will say drive it more and I suspect they will be right. Most cars settle down after about 1500-2000 miles & suddenly feel that much smoother & quieter.

If there is an issue in the future you have a proof of history with Citroen and covered your backside, just in case!