Tyre problem

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Fastbysuzuki

Post by Fastbysuzuki »

Hi, we have a citroen Aircross 1.2 on a 69 plate had it from new, last year it went to the dealers for its yearly service on the report it stated that all four tyres had cracking / splitting in the base of the tyre grooves and they would need changing at some point. The car has only done 7000 miles it's due a mot in December so I guess it would fail therefore needing four new tyres has anyone had this problem?
Really annoying always though Bridgestone were decent

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

No, Bridgestone Turanza tyres are crap and the worst ever tyres I have seen. I had mine do the same on all 4 tyres at a similar mileage. Not only were they cracking up, but the rubber was also cracking at the sides with deep grooves appearing. Grip on these was also terrible. The fronts were the worst, but the back were starting to go the same way, despite having 3/4 of the tread available.

The first thing I did was remove the lot of them, and replaced them with Michelin Cross Climate+ tyres on all 4 corners. These have been a Godsend. I wrote a stinging email off to Bridgestone about these and they offered an examination and all the rest of it - but to be honest, I didn't care to jump through all the hoops and claim forms they sent, I just wanted shot of them.

I'll never buy Bridgestone tyres in future - once bitten......

As my mate had the same tyre sizes on his Ford Focus, I gave him the back ones as his were near finished. I think he got about 4000 out of them before they went the same way.! :roll:
TorbayC3A

Post by TorbayC3A »

Mine are the same after 10,700 miles, I thought it was my fault with the Autoglym tyre dressing I'd used. MOT next week, hoping they'll scrape through to give me time to decide on what to fit. I see Juan rates the Michelin Cross Climate+. Anyone one got other recommendations to what they've fitted and worked well or what to avoid (Bridgestone will be avoided obviously.)
2018 C3 Aircross Flair, Petrol, EAT6.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Oh, yes, I forgot to mention that too - ^, that's the other thing the Bridgestone Manager said to me - have you used tyre dressing on the tyres - as they don't react well! Well they couldn't use that old chestnut on me as I never dress the tyres.

It's simply a matter of poor quality, sub-standard materials / rubber. No excuse either considering the prices they charge for these. You'd be better off with some cheapo Chinese tyres made entirely of noodles.
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

Well, Bridgestone and others aren't telling the dealerships are they ?
All the cars I see for sale and the new ones being sold / delivered all have tyre dressing .
This regardless of tyre mfr, as they gone through the prep / valeting bays, it's standard dealership practice.
Their excuse is utter tosh....
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi