Aircross C5 Hybrid Battery

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
OngarWoody

Post by OngarWoody »

Hi all

I have had a Aircross C5 Hybrid for 10 months now and overall I have been pretty happy with it.

I am fully aware that the miles you can get from a charge is dependent on temperature but over the past few weeks this has significanly gone down.

With the mild overnight temperatures as they are, until 2 weeks ago I was getting the maximum 32 miles per charge but for the past 2 weeks, it hasn't gone past 26 which is nearly a 25% loss of charge.

Has anybody else had these issues.

Thanks

Paul

Designator

Post by Designator »

I still can't decide what is influencing the charge on mine. When I first got it in February it refused to get beyond about 20 miles of charge, now, six months later it usually gets about 36 miles loaded over night but a few times now it has got to to 39 miles! This is definitely related to the ambient temperature but there must be more to it than that. Last night it rained heavily and the temperature was mild rather than extremely hot or cold and I got 39 miles. I think maybe it helps if the battery has been completely drained before charging but maybe someone on here understands this mystery better than I.
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

Sadly, the more I hear about Citroen hybrid and eC4 full electric battery range woes, together with their awful My Citroen App, the less inclined I am to pursue either with Citroen.
I just don't think the technology (nor the cost) has reached where it should be for the masses.
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi
Designator

Post by Designator »

I think I may have found an explanation for some of the variations in the battery range from day to day. On page 20 of the manual it says "The range displayed depends on the use of the vehicle (type of driving and speed), the outside temperature and the activated comfort equipment." Its that last bit that holds the clue; "The range displayed depends on.................the activated comfort equipment" So I think this may mean that in estimating the battery range the car is noting whether you left the air con control set to on when you started the charge plus, of course the ambient temperature etc.
DJBUK

Post by DJBUK »

My C5 1.6 Hybrid 70 reg used to get 30+ miles range, now (cold winter) it is down to 12 miles! I am using regenerative drive B, this helps keep my short driving mpg high.
baconroll

Post by baconroll »

Hi. Can anyone advise best way to drive my C5 Aircross PHEV. I'll explain. I travel to work and back each day. Currently I am only getting 18-20 miles after fully charging for 2hrs at work. I have noticed that if I drive home from work in Hybrid mode I still have around 10 miles left on battery by the time I get home. By the time I drive back to work in the morning (25 miles) I need to fully charge my battery again having depleted the battery during the journey back to work. This is the thing though: When I drive home in hybrid and part-way back in the morning, a full charge only gives me 18-20 miles. However, I have noticed that if I drive home in electric mode and deplete the battery and drive back to work in the morning in hybrid (fuel only by then), when i fully charge I get at least 22 miles. Surely this doesn't make a difference to the battery charging range? I mean I shouldn't get more charge by driving on all electric one way vs hybrid? Sorry if I'm not explaining myself very well. But on a trip of 25miles to work either way, is it best to use hybrid for as long as I can or use up all the battery one way. Hope you can make sense of all of this!
C5 Aircross Flair, Cumulus Grey, PHEV
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I'm totally lost....