App woes

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
putlog

Post by putlog »

hello ,
I have had a 22 facelift c3 aircross 1.2 auto shine plus since april. The app worked fine until the end of last month and doesn't update my journeys, miles done etc. it shows as connected to car when my phone is in the car but no change.......anybody have any clues hints etc ??????

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Check for an app update on your phone - you'd be surprised at how many people don't. There may well be an update.
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

It's rubbish !
Mine ( android) updated June 22nd to latest 1.35.1 and it refused to work as your has, for almost three weeks.

Phone connects ok.. but no data from the app flows.. just refused to connect.
I uninstalled, re-installed and now its just hit and miss... mostly miss.. A total waste of time

Have to say, I had considered an eC4, as our next car but as it uses the same app, I am sticking with my oil burner...

The software / app is dire, in my view and it gets worse with every update.
I no longer bother / rely on it, if it bleeps ( now rarely) at the end of a journey, there is usually data, but days or more out of sync.
Totally unfit for purpose !
Last edited by BusybeasC5A on Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I've never used it either as it became annoying and rally does nothing for me I can't already do using the vehicle or my Smart phone.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

You have to have the app running in the background for it to work.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
putlog

Post by putlog »

a quick update .....on Monday I received a customer survey from citroen and of course i marked them down on the app problems... I went out in the car a couple of hours later on a short 15 min journey and lo and behold the app is working perfectly..... coincidence ...you decide hahaha
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

I'd say coincidence... LOL

Well, I stand by my comments as an app it is pretty useless and unreliable.
Only have to look at all the negative reviews on Play store for confirmation.
Incidentally, Bluetooth connects the phone and contacts, its just the app that won't .

It auto connected for about 5 days in total in July, not at all yet in August.
I started the app manually today ( still wouldn't connect ) and a pop up appeared from Citroen Customer Care !
It simply said... 'do you like this app ?' Yes / No
I clicked No... it then asked for comments, which I duly completed.. and clicked submit...then it said Sent.
Got an email from them confirming receipt... an hour later another , again confirming receipt, but adding could I reply to email with my phone number so they can better assist me?

I have yet to do this... as inevitably I will need to have my phone and be in the car when (if) they call...
I shall go thro the motions.. and report back, if / when / whatever the outcome..
As they say though.. I ain't holding my breath !

To be continued...............................

Update...next day

Having slept on this.. I feel Citroen have enough of my personal information, so shall not bother to pursue..
In my view the app should be fit for purpose and not need all this intervention and follow up with emails and phone calls..
Miraculously, it suddenly burst into life this morning, caught up with all the August journeys...
Sadly short lived.. 2 journeys later......... nada / zip / nothing........ App says its connected to the car... but no journey data is being sent or received,

I rest my case Citroen.. it's crap...I can live without it...
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi