Citroen C3 Aircross has wireless mobile charging

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
CitroenFan

Post by CitroenFan »

Shame the iPhone can't yet take advantage of this.

IMG_5280.PNG

Wireless charging for Smartphone, with a special docking area. This all-new system can be used to induction charge a wide range of smartphones or devices compatible with the Qi standard with a charging mat built into a dedicated storage space in the central console.

https://youtu.be/AFTlEqK75Dw

Picklerick

Post by Picklerick »

That's actually kind of cool. not going to lie! While I don't use a smart phone (I use an older flip phone style phone still) plenty of people I know use them, and for long trips it would be neat to have a spot to have a recharging pad for when we need directions, or music or something when I riding with someone.
Diamondjess

Post by Diamondjess »

I love it. I have a smart phone and when I take extended trips I find that often my phone dies too early because I'm running a GPS app, or some other app to help me get around. Sad, I know. but with a charging station, I can actually have a place to put it, and re-energize my phone without worrying about wires and the like.

But a question: Does it drain the car's battery? I'd imagine it would be like leaving headlights on all night, and having a dead battery sooner rather than later. What kind of power source does it use, if any?
Bigfoot 23

Post by Bigfoot 23 »

Hi All,

C5 2021 PHEV.
I have a none wireless Alcatel 1 ( 5330G ) mobile phone.
My question is, will any Qi micro charging pad
be compatible with the C5 charging bay.

Thanks BF.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

I have that in my C3 Aircross, it was part of the upgrade with HUD and sub woofer. My phone is a Moto G7 POWER, but doesn't have wireless capability. So I bought a little adaptor gizmo that you plug into the phone and put between the phone and the car mat. My phone draws more current than the gizmo is rated at and so the system go on and off.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars