Soon to be C3 Aircross owner - Best Steering Wheel lock? + questions...

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
dbizal

Post by dbizal »

Hey all!

So as the title says, I'm soon to be a Owner of a 1.2 PureTech Flair 5dr - 2019 plate with 14k miles. (Picking up on Weds once the Citroen dealership has serviced it)

This will be my first car as I passed my test on Friday (At the age of 35 - yeah I know I left it a bit late haha).

I was wondering what the best steering wheel lock would be for the car?
Is there anything I need to know about the car that dealerships won't tell you?

Any tips and tricks etc from more experienced owners of the car?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Danny.

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Hi welcome. Enjoy your C3 Aircross when you get it.
The steering has a lock on it, when the ignition is off.
It also has a car alarm that senses, if a window is broken or door opened without a key (volumetric). Also if car is lifted up by more than so.many degrees the alarm goes off. You can disarm the volumetric by pressing a button on the panel by your right knee within 19 secs if switching off the ignition. This allows you to leave a window open for passengers or animals and still lock the doors.
The door locks have two settings.
1. The outside handles are locked by first press if fob button. This leaves the interior handles operative to allow passengers to get out but undesirables from.getting in.
2. The outside and inside handles are both dead locked.
Doors lock automatically when speed is 7mph and above, again to stop undesirables entering at traffic lights etc. Once you stop and open a door from inside the locks open. You can override this by the button on the dash under the touchscreen.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Welcome dbizal, we have had our 20 plate petrol aircross just over a year, the 110 engine so far has been superb, and the high driving position excellent.
You may or may not have reversing cameras handy if you have, we haven't used the cruise control much but the wife finds it handy.
I fitted mudflaps to try to reduce the rear screen getting dirty and also plastic door trims to save edge of doors from getting chipped. Some have invested in a key security pouch ok if you park your car outside at night it prevents them cloning key.
A recent puncture resulted in finding how useless the tyre wrench is so i bought a better wrench.
Some complain about the heating controls being on the screen, a bit of getting used to when driving.
You can find information if you search to update screen and also maps, download the citroen app it will tell you if updates are required.
The maps are not the best you can choose one of 4 routes when you select a destination, in my experience none miss taking you down B roads better to use google or waze on your phone.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
dbizal

Post by dbizal »

Thank you for your prompt replies - sorry for my delay, I thought I would get an email once I received a reply haha.

It sounds like the car is pretty secure without any additional security then, but I think I will still get a wheel lock just for peace of mind - especially where I live currently.
Some fantastic features there though, cannot wait to sit and read through the user guide when I get the car.

I have got the Flair version which comes with the reverse cam and also like a overhead cam which was amazing for when I went to test drive it and had to park it back between two very expensive cars - which I managed to do without any issue. I think I will take your advice about the plastic door trims and rear wheel mud flaps, were they easy to find and install yourself?
My car doesn't come with a spare wheel, didn't see a wrench but will be buying a few essential bits to go in to the boot once we have it, just in case of a breakdown.
I will make sure that I download the Citroen app ready for when I pick up the car then :)

I will probably connect the phone with android and using google maps or Waze if that's the case then.

Oh, I forgot to upload a picture.

284642232_725380561839478_653478880721245310_n.jpg

Airtool

Post by Airtool »

I purchased door protectors similar to this, the first ones i bought would not fit lip inside door.
I purchased universal mudflaps, cut a piece of card to fit car then cut rubber to shape, the Citroen type are more expensive.

Screenshot_2022-05-30-08-57-58-977_com.opera.browser.jpg

C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
dbizal

Post by dbizal »

Perfect, thank you! :)
dbizal

Post by dbizal »

Loving the car so far, although the clutch is so different from the Fiesta I was learning in haha.

I find that I really give it high revs when moving off in first gear... is this just me needing to get used to the clutch and the biting point or is this normal in this car?
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Glad you like it. Its the clutch high biting point you'll get use to it.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
dbizal

Post by dbizal »

Beanee687 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:33 pm Glad you like it. Its the clutch high biting point you'll get use to it.
Ah right, I thought I was doing something wrong (Well I kinda haven't got used to it so guess I am really).

Thank you for your reply :)