Return to the fold

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
Designator

Post by Designator »

Hi all, after quite a long time I've returned to the Citroen fold with the purchase of my C5 PHEV. Here's hoping it doesn't let me down. Collected it at the start of February and so far I've not been disappointed. Got the electric range up to 31 miles on a full charge, deciphered most of the essential controls and discovered some of its eccentricities. Things I like are the gear selector, the digital display options, the ride of course and the style and finish. Things I don't like are the virtual manual, ( its no fun sitting in a cold car with a laptop balanced on the dashboard trying to work through the multiple set up routines) the flimsy boot flap handle and the fuse-box taking up space in the glove box. Things that really let Citroen down: the awful 'My Citroen' app. At the start it told me I needed to install two updates and it continued to tell me that continuously until today even though I did it two weeks ago. Today it updated itself and now it has converted everything into kilometres even though it calls them miles. That's not good enough for a car that cost more than my first house! Still all in all its cheering me up considerably in these very gloomy times. A plus mes amis.

BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

Welcome,
Be interesting to hear how your part leccy experience goes... If you search the topics, owners hybrid comments have been very mixed .

I think a full electric would suit us to be honest, but the initial high costs ( even used) and the lack of infrastructure concerns me.
Aside from that, not sure Citroen have got the tech right , yet... so we shall wait a while..

The touch screen / map updates from Citroen are horrendously slow and very large downloads...the app... is even worse...
As I say, not confident Citroen have got the tech sorted yet.
But Citroen are still my favourite, so they are getting something right !
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi