Potential new owner

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
stokieal

Post by stokieal »

Hi, all. Looking at the aircross 5 auto and being a Motability customer wondered if any members could tell me how the auto gearbox behaves. Is it smooth on acceleration with no hesitation etc, and about comfort seating etc. I'm 6 ft. with lower spine problems.

Thanks for any info

GilRil

Post by GilRil »

We have an C5 Aircross 1.2 Pure Tech 130 Shine Plus Motability car auto and we like it, I think it has 8 gears. except it is not very good for my wife she is having trobule get into it, Motability said we can change it, but we wont get another car till about June\July 2022
C5 Aircross 1.2 Pure Tech 130 Shine Plus Auto
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

The C3 Aircross Auto is 6 gears it's known as EAT6, which stands for Efficient Auto Transmission 6 speed. I have one and the box is very good. Love it. Also frugal with fuel.
The C5 Aircross Auto is 8 gears it's known a EAT8, which is Efficient Auto Transmission 8.
Both can be used manually sequencally by moving the gear lever to M.
Sports mode when selected, holds the gears to a higher rev band, normal gear change up is at approx 2500 rpm, sport mode holds to 4000+. Snow mode puts the box in 2 gear to pull away and changes the change up speed. On my 2017 C3 MK3 hatchback Auto EAT6, I had snow mode but my 2020 C3 Aircross Flair doesn't have SNOW. I don't have grip mode either.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Tallyho100

Post by Tallyho100 »

I can't speak for the auto gear box, but I have lower back problems and the seats are amazing. They are both supportive and soft and with the additional lumbar support I find them ideal.