Touch Screen Update

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mal

Post by Mal »

I have had an ex demo PureTech 110 S&S EAT6 Auto for 2 months now. Really enjoying it, much better than the old C3 Picasso.

I use the MyCitroen app. It has an entry in the vehicle section that says there is a touch screen update and gives links to the update site. I have downloaded the two files (1 the firmware update, 2 the key) but there don’t seem to be any instructions on how to do the update, other than to put on a usb stick. It does not say where to put the key relative to the other files. I have tried various combinations on the USB stick but have had no success in the screen starting the update.

Has anyone done this, or can you point me to how to order the files on the USB stick to make the update work?

grahams

Post by grahams »

Hi Mal,
Hope this helps. Login to My Citroen and select your Aircross. Click on CITROEN SHOP - this opens CITROEN CONNECT NAV. Scroll down a little to see the DOWNLOAD THE MAP UPDATE box. Just under this box Click on 'View the instruction manual'.
I used an iPad to view the info.
Interesting how long the download/upload times are.
Let us know how you get on.
Vasco

Post by Vasco »

Olá
Depois de atualização da tela não consigo a atualização de dados da viatura na aplicação.
Será que me podem ajudar?
Mal

Post by Mal »

grahams wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:43 am Hi Mal,
Hope this helps. Login to My Citroen and select your Aircross. Click on CITROEN SHOP - this opens CITROEN CONNECT NAV. Scroll down a little to see the DOWNLOAD THE MAP UPDATE box. Just under this box Click on 'View the instruction manual'.
I used an iPad to view the info.
Interesting how long the download/upload times are.
Let us know how you get on.
Thanks, but I am not talking about map updates, the myCitroen app has a message that says a “Touch Screen Update" is available and allows me to send an email with the following text and links - The problem is that it is not clear where or how to add to the USB stick so it will have the right folder structure on the USB stick to work on the touch screen (I assumed its the USB port at the bottom of the touch screen, but maybe there is another USB port elsewhere that I need to use?). I have tried various combinations of files and folders on the USB stick, but the best I got was a message that the activation key did not match. I’ve not got past this stage!

Here is the text in the email from the myCitroen App:
Please find below the link to download the sofware update.
To perform the update, you need to download the files on your computer, save them on a USB key (minimum capacity of 16 GB) and install them in your vehicle touchscreen.

Download the update file (https://majestic-web.mpsa.com/mjf00-web ... 1371945113)
Download the activation key https://majestic-web.mpsa.com/mjf00-web ... 945113.key

MyCitroën
grahams

Post by grahams »

Hello Mal,
Can only comment on my experience. I downloaded both the screen firmware with the licence and map update onto my computer (had to use a windows machine). Both files (but not the licence as it is a very small file) then need to be unzipped. Once done copy the screen software and the licence onto a clean FAT32 formatted USB3 stick. Disable the cars stop/start function, start the engine, select Sat Nav screen, pop in the USB stick into the port under the screen. You will see the message "No media content on the USB memory stick" - this will disappear in about 10 seconds then a new on screen message will appear, press the Yes button and follow the instructions.

Note: The unzipped software updates are SWL files - no other format allowed. You cannot have two folders with the same name on the same USB stick, therefore updates have to be performed in two separate operations if you want to update the maps as well.
The instructions provided by My Citroen on how to update I think are pretty good.

The new screen firmware has fixed the problem whereby my iPhone contacts were not all copied over to the cars contacts.

Regards,

Graham
phild

Post by phild »

Hi Graham

How long did the download process take? I have downloaded the map update to my laptop via email ready for uploading to a USB stick.
C3 Aircross Flair 130 6speed Manual Soft Sand, Sunroof, Grip Control, Family Pack
grahams

Post by grahams »

Hello Phild,
Map update was about 55 minutes. Cannot be too precise as didn't sit in the car all the time during the update as I pottered around the garden during the process and just popped back from time to time to check progress. Citroen instructions suggest allow 60 mins,. Guess it depends on USB stick transfer speeds. Hope all goes well for you.