Dealership closed permenantly

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

On 18/Aug we ordered a new c3 aircross shine plus auto from Evans Halshaw citroen at Stockport, at the weekend we got an email stating that the dealership had closed permenantly and gave us nearest e/h garages to contact. Trouble was is that they were FORD dealerships so contacted E/H Citroen Sheffield on Monday and indeed we were on their system and that they were waiting for the paperwork.
In a situation like this is it to much trouble to expect E/H to contact customers to inform them who to contact about new car orders.
anyway, we got a phone call from them today informing us that our car will be delivered to the showroom mid November, what a balls up!!
2022 Citroën C3 Aircross SUV
Shine Plus • PureTech 130 S&S Automatic in Khaki Grey.

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

My local dealer whom I have been with since 2009 and bought my last 4 Citroens from sent me a letter saying they were now longer a Citroen dealer but we're a Citroen approved service centre. They went MG and Hyundai.
Pretty peed off to be honest as the nearest is now difficult to get to/ from.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
srperry

Post by srperry »

These changes are about Citroen withdrawing dealership status from some garages for their own reasons, and when that happens, Citroen should contact the customers to advise them of the changes, but they don't. My local Citroen dealer in Chippenham lost their franchise and are now Peugeot, but I never use them because of a bad experience about 30 years ago and instead use AE Wilcox in Wickwar, Gloucestershire, which is about 40 minutes from me - I've been using them for 30 years and they are a really great garage, They used to be MG/Rover but after Rover's demise they switched to Citroen - so I did too! They are also an MG dealer, and I was tempted by the price and quality of the MG SUV's, but unlike many I actually have a problem with supporting the Chinese economy, so we switched to Citroen and havent had any issues, really.

Citroen have reduced their dealership numbers massively, for their own reasons. If I didn't use Wilcox I would have to go to Windsor, Bristol or Cardif for a dealer.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

In the email we got they gave me 3 Evans Halshaw garages to contact, so i did, my nearest one was a ford dealership and they just said to contact my nearest Citroen E/H dealer, it realy does pee me off when in a situation like this it's the customer who has to do all the phone calls, but then again she won't have any other manufacturer, she loves the C3 and this new Aircross will be the 4th c3 she has had.
As a matter of interest, i phoned Evans Halshaw customer services to find out who had our order, guess what, that number is no longer in use, SURRPRISE SURPRISE. The dealership in Stockport closed like this about 2 years ago and not long after re-opened again. My neighbour asked me the question will i be having it delivered when it arrives at the garage, i said no, if any problems i would sooner reject it there rather than at home plus it will be nice to drive it back.
2022 Citroën C3 Aircross SUV
Shine Plus • PureTech 130 S&S Automatic in Khaki Grey.