New car delivery

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 1053

Post by Deleted User 1053 »

Hi, has anyone any idea what the lead time usually is from ordering a new car to it being delivered to the garage, the garage said could be about 4 weeks but have had them in sometimes within 2 weeks. Tell ya, since our test drive and putting pen to paper i'm like a bloody kid waiting for xmas day, for gods sake i'm 68, think i need to grow up!!!!!.

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

My C3 MK3 hatchback auto was 12 weeks but that was 2017
My C3 Aircross auto was 15 weeks but that was 2019/2020
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Deleted User 1053

Post by Deleted User 1053 »

Oh Beanee687, i certainly wasn't expecting that!!!, i will hope the garage was right with about 4 weeks and that delivery has now gone "first class" since your deliveries!!!!
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

I was shocked when told but the C3 MK3 hatchback that I ordered was an automatic and they hadn't actually built any right hand drives when I went to order it. The salesman said I must be mistaken as he had no knowledge of auto C3. I had to show him the Citroen web site.
The second one was because of the extras I wanted. Still when they arrived they were factory fresh
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi Tommo, if you ordered an 'off the shelf' car from stock then 4 weeks sounds about right, but if yours is a factory order (i.e. you ordered any factory-fitted options or specific paint combinations etc.) then 16 weeks is typical in my experience.
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
Tallyho100

Post by Tallyho100 »

I ordered at the beginning of July, and was told 14 -16 weeks. I had an update 2 weeks back and was told that the C5 was down for production and they were hoping for a September delivery, but this was not guaranteed and had not been confirmed.
Tallyho100

Post by Tallyho100 »

Update to the above. Delivery is now due December, around the 6th I have been told. Citroen are having supply issues with microchips, so it’s out of their hands. Hopefully it will be here for Christmas with a big bow on it.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Tallyho100 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:46 am Update to the above. Delivery is now due December, around the 6th I have been told. Citroen are having supply issues with microchips, so it’s out of their hands. Hopefully it will be here for Christmas with a big bow on it.
Everycar manufacturer has microchip issues. Some cars are being shipped without equipment that is supposed to be standard and some ordered options are not being fitted.
Tallyho100

Post by Tallyho100 »

routemaster1 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:39 am
Tallyho100 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:46 am Update to the above. Delivery is now due December, around the 6th I have been told. Citroen are having supply issues with microchips, so it’s out of their hands. Hopefully it will be here for Christmas with a big bow on it.
Everycar manufacturer has microchip issues. Some cars are being shipped without equipment that is supposed to be standard and some ordered options are not being fitted.
That’s bad if that is happening, I would rather not have the car if it is going to be missing any of the spec. But surely the dealers would be informed of this so they can notify customers before they take delivery?
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

I have now resigned myself to accepting that it's going to be a 2022 delivery, but it's good to know that some garages are honouring the original p/x figure given at time of ordering. next time our garage contacts us for an update on progress of the new car i will be asking the question on p/x figures and i am hoping they to will honour our original figure, i shall report back when i have spoken to them.
2022 Citroën C3 Aircross SUV
Shine Plus • PureTech 130 S&S Automatic in Khaki Grey.