New Car

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 1053

Post by Deleted User 1053 »

Hi Guys, first post on here so please be gentle with me!!!!
My wife and i visited our Citroen showroom this week to arrange first MOT on her c3 68 plate auto, we were looking at the Aircross sitting in it like you do and she was so chuffed with the difference getting in and out of the aircross as against her c3 that we arranged a test drive for the day after. We were well chuffed with it so we ordered one 1.2 puretech shine plus auto Kharki Grey.
My Question is to other c3 aircross owners how have you found it or are you sorry you got it, i must say i personally was chuffed to mint balls with the test drive and they gave us such a good deal it was realy a no brainer.

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

You won't regret it, I changed from a 17 plate 110 BHP MK3 Auto for the same reason difficulty getting in and out as in my case my age is advanced (well past retirement and bus pass). My C3 Aircross is a 2020, 130 BHP EAT6 auto. Flair SS. With blind spot monitor, self parking, upgraded stereo, head up display. (That at the time was the top of the range like the Shine Plus is now)
I love it, my smile is as wide as the front grill and I go out in it just for the sheer pleasure of driving it.
I might be old but I am not ancient.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Deleted User 1053

Thanks for that Beanee687, we are the same semi retired but love driving so can't wait i'm realy looking forward to it, will post some piccys when we gt it.
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

We bought a 7 mth old 20 plate earlier this year, changing from a fiesta we obviously enjoyed the higher sitting position and ease of getting in and out. Roadholding is not as good but we expected that with a higher chassis but the flexibility of seats/boot has been well thought out.
There has been complaints about the heating controls being part of the touch screen not sure if that has been corrected on newer models also some complaints over the loss of the cup holders that were removed to add wireless phone charging on newer models.
I fitted mud flaps to try to reduce the back window from getting dirty seems to have improved that a little.
We did jump from zero tax to £150 but love the extra power on the 110 bhp engine, glad we did not get the 82bhp.
We took out the service/mot package thought it was value for money other than that well pleased with car.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

IMG_20200207_154100063_HDR.jpg

One thing I have found is the tyre pressures are quite critical. I checked mine the other day and found all were down by 0.2 bar about 3psi. Reset to 2.5 bar and the difference in road holding is noticeable. My Aircross has 17 inch 4 Ever wheels shod with Bridgestone tyres.

IMG_20200207_154100063_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200211_104608618~2.jpg

Deleted User 1053

I was under the impression that the TPMS is supposed to inform you on the dash when there is any variance in tyre pressures. That is the whole idea of having it. Then when you are up to advised pressure you have to re-set it again in the system. All these mod cons, are they worth it?, I still stick to the old system of checking prior to setting off on any longish journey's. Just glad I'm not getting a tesla!!!!.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Tommo wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:53 am I was under the impression that the TPMS is supposed to inform you on the dash when there is any variance in tyre pressures. That is the whole idea of having it. Then when you are up to advised pressure you have to re-set it again in the system. All these mod cons, are they worth it?, I still stick to the old system of checking prior to setting off on any longish journey's. Just glad I'm not getting a tesla!!!!.
In reality the system does not monitor the tyre pressures. It works by monitoring the rotation of the ABS rings and comparing them with the standard which are stored when initialising the system. When a tyre starts to deflate the rolling radius decreases and the wheel rotates faster. the system notices this and brings up the warning. The drop in pressure to make this happen is quite large, ~8-10psi. It does not tell you which tyre is low, although I can't see a reason why this should not be possible. It will not detect a low pressure tyre unless you are moving, so a tyre which is completely flat after standing overnight will not give an alarm, and also it will probably not give any indication of a sudden pressure drop when driving. It will not tell you if all of your tyre pressures are a little low. You still need to maintain your own checks.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

It doesn't work the way you think. A tyre has, as routemaster says, too in effect get a puncture and lose a fair bit of pressure before warning. In my case all tyres were 0.2 bar below where they had last been inflated to, do there was no difference between them. So unless there is a large loss it doesn't go off and to be honest I think you'd notice it. I forgot to reset it and did it 2 days later.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Beanee687 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:44 am It doesn't work the way you think. A tyre has, as routemaster says, too in effect get a puncture and lose a fair bit of pressure before warning. In my case all tyres were 0.2 bar below where they had last been inflated to, do there was no difference between them. So unless there is a large loss it doesn't go off and to be honest I think you'd notice it. I forgot to reset it and did it 2 days later.
I haven't had a warning for quite a while now, but it has happened to me a couple of times and I didn't notice any change in driving behaviour. It may be more apparent if the softer tyre is at the front than in a rear.