Hi All

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
Green Man

Post by Green Man »

Had my C3 Aircross for 5 weeks now and really enjoying it.
New, 1.2 110 turbo. 16” allows. A ‘Feel’ version here in Ireland.
My 7th Citroén but haven’t had one for about 20 years.
A couple of quick questions to the wise please.

The suspension is ‘noisy’ on rough surfaces, broken rural road surfaces can cause quite a ‘clonk’ that my older car didn’t. My wife’s Toyota is quieter too.
I believe these cars are famed for noisy suspension on bad surfaces? Gets mentioned in road tests. I’m in rural Ireland so some of the roads are not the best😆

At the other end of things there seems to be a bit of vibration through the chassis at motorway speeds on motorway surfaces, 110/120 km/h. NO vibration through steering wheel.
Not major but not silky smooth. One of those things that bothers me the more I think about it😀
Just a characteristic of the raised ride height springing perhaps?

Having said all that.....love the car and it’s nice to be back in the Citroën fold again🙂

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Someone stated in another report that they increased pressure from 33 psi to 35-36 to improve ride, may have to reset tyre pressure monitoring on touchscreen after.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
Green Man

Post by Green Man »

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try.
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

I would have thought that increasing tyre pressures would have resulted in a firmer ride? Less flexibility in the sidewalls...
But I agree, changing pressures can make a difference, as can different tyres at the same pressures.
What make of tyres do you have fitted.
stevenp1

Post by stevenp1 »

hi