Love/Hate relationship with my new Aircross!

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
Paperpumpkin

Post by Paperpumpkin »

Hello everyone, I've just come back to Citroen after a Hyundai which I loved. I do like the styling and driving of my new C3 Aircross, but disappointed with the unfriendly touchscreen and a few other bits. I really want to love it! I've a few questions which I'll post in the relevant places. Good to be here though.

Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Welcome PP, yes everyone got some issue with c3 aircross but thats with most cars. We changed for a higher seating position and well pleased with car but miss a cd player and had trouble with connecting to android auto but OK now.
Others here miss some of the things Citroen have dropped year on year, a light in glovebox one example (don't know why you can only keep an two apples in it) the handle above drivers door just to state a few. You will enjoy updating touchscreen and maps there's plenty of info here with some very helpful people.
Take care
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

On the UK RHD car the glove box is small as the BSI and internal fuse box share the space. Where the glove box is on the LHD cars is where your steering wheel is here in UK.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Airtool,
(don't know why you can only keep an two apples in it)

Because the car was designed for LHD, the glovebox in that variant is a lot bigger.

My previous C3 Picasso was LHD, bought in Spain, its glovebox was huge, yet the UK variant was minuscule and the subject of much comment.
Paperpumpkin

Post by Paperpumpkin »

Thanks for the kind welcome! Yes, there are always niggles, and on the whole I'm pleased with it.

My top silly frustrations are:
No button/knob for basic heating control - takes so many presses to get from Android Auto and back just to adjust the temp!
Ridiculous bag hooks in the boot that have no hope of holding your grocery bags
No grab handle above driver's door
Stop/Start is a bit unpredictable
Minimal storage

Does anyone have others??!

But the positives are it's responsive to drive, comfortable, rear camera and bird's eye view amazing, directional headlights great. Nice car!
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

I have had my Aircross 110 since August 2020 and travelled less than a thousand miles in it.
The car drives nicely but the infotainment "system" drives me to mad and is a dangerous distraction rather than a tool.
At the end of the lock down I WILL be trading it in!
C3 Aircross 110BHP Petrol Manual
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

If you press the top centre of the touchscreen where it says the selected interior temp and AUTO or AC AUTO, the screen will go to a simple heater control. Here you can change the fan speed and the temp and if Aircon is OFF pressing the AUTO ICON at the bottom, will turn on the Aircon. You can then go back to your original screen by pressing the back arrow top left or if you do nothing the screen will revert to the previous byn itself after a few seconds.
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

Hiboost wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:20 am Airtool,
(don't know why you can only keep an two apples in it)

Because the car was designed for LHD, the glovebox in that variant is a lot bigger.

My previous C3 Picasso was LHD, bought in Spain, its glovebox was huge, yet the UK variant was minuscule and the subject of much comment.
Because the BSI and fusebox are in the same location on both LHD and RHD versions (on the left side), which of course allows far more space for the glovebox on the LHD model, as the glovebox is on the Right. As there is no BSI or fuse box to get in the way nor the associated wiring looms that all have to feed back to the BSI it allows for a much larger storage space. It's another reason why the RHD models don't get a refrigerated glovebox as there is just no room for the trunking with everything else in the way.

They don't call the C3 Aircross a compact SUV for nothing :D
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

A triumph of bean counting over design.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Cost if making to version of basic car would be very high and would be passed onto owners. My glove box has face masks and the handbook in it. Other stuff is in the door pockets and a box in the boot.