Hi!

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
Kilmaurs19

Post by Kilmaurs19 »

I’ve just bought my 19 plate Aircross Flair, and still trying to get to grips with some of the dashboards functions and displays - totally confused so far by the speed sign recognition system which doesn’t actually provide any warning! Im sure it’ll all make sense eventually.

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

On my 2020 C3 Aircross the speed sign system shows in the main dash centre section. It shows the current speed permitted or a delimited sign. There is no audible warning with it.
I also have a head-up display and it is repeated in that.
To use this info you need to have either the cruise control engaged or the speed limiter. These are on the short stalk on the column just behind the steering wheel.
So you are driving along on a Unlimited road. The display should show a delimit symbol. Now you go through a speed limit sign let's say 50. The sign symbol will change to 50 and if you press one of the MEM buttons on the cruise/limiter stalk (they are the buttons on the top and button of the stalk) once it will arm the system to accept 50 as the speed, pressing it again will engage it and the selected speed Ind for the cruise will change to 50.
If you now go into 40 limit repeat above action.
The difference between cruise and limiter.
In cruise the car will try to maintain the speed set at engagement. To do this it will add power or reduce it. You can override the cruise by pressing the accelerator and once you exceed the set speed by 2 mpg the speed set display flashes. Releasing the accelerator returns car to cruise control and it will slow down again. Pressing the brakes pauses the system as does pressing the button on the end if the control stalk. Changing gear on a manual car pauses the system unless the car has stop start when it doesn't pause it. On the autos it stays engaged if the car changes gear.
When using the limiter the car WILL NOT go above the selected speed when the accelerator pedal is pressed. You drive the car normally it doesn't automatically maintain the set speed it just won't exceed it. The handbook says it will if pressed to floor but I have never got that to operate. Limiter is good for driving in 20, 30 limits or in motorway road works average speed limits. Again pressing the button on stalk end pauses it.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Beanee, Mine goes over the limit set but you have to press it a LOT firmer than you usually do. Perhaps you haven't done it hard enough?
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.