Newbie with no current speed or speed limit display on the main satnav display

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
Pipwilky

Post by Pipwilky »

Hi.
I am new to the forum. I previously had a desire Picasso and a c4 Picasso. I have had my latest car a c3 air cross flair 110 for 6 week and like it very much. It took me a while to get used to the settings and i now have the settings about right. However although i have bought the 3 year upgrade for speed camera alerts etc i have no visual or audio to the current speed limit and excess speed . Before this car i had a garmin satnav that beeped and flashed if i went over the limit. Part of buying the car was to declutter and get rid of the sat nav . My only indication now of the speed limit is on the driver speed info screen but with no warnings of excess speed. I also have to select this feature every time that i drive . Can anyone help on this problem?

Korber

Post by Korber »

Have you activated the "allow declaration of danger zones" and "audible alerts" in menu/settings options?
See page 14-15 of the cars "connect nav" manual.
C3 aircross 110 BVM6 Shine.
Pipwilky

Post by Pipwilky »

Hi Korber
Thanks for the reply. I've just checked the settings again. The allow declaration is on. The allow sending is on. Risk area alert is on. Activate messages is on. Speak names is on. Status of connected services is activated. Availability of connected services is available. Tomtom logo is in the bottom right. The alert triangle shows in the top left. But there is nothing to the left of it where I think the speed should be. The camera alert down the rhs works fine and beeps when in the zone. It's as though I've only got half of the package.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I have a C5 Aircross and the Tom Tom fitted does not show the current speed or speed limit. (My old stand alone one did). The car does pick up the traffic signs on the road and indicates their limit in the main dash display. It also changes colour of you exceed the speed limit.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
-VJ-

Post by -VJ- »

In my C3 Aircross navigation screen does not show speed or speed limits. Limits are shown in the dashboard and in the HUD display. And current speed is on the speedometer with it's false information (+3 km/h)

The speed limit showing is a little bit irritating. In Finland we have lower limits in the winter time and now when I drive on the highway dashboard shows summer time limit 100 km/h, then there is a sign by the road, 80 km/h which shows on the display about 200 metres and then changes back to wrong limit 100 km/h.
C3 Aircross Shine 1,5 BlueHDI 100 "Pull me over red", Tornio, Finland