C5 Aircross

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Went to meet my wife from work last Friday and parked up near our local Citroen dealership. I had a bit of spare time so thought I would go and have a look at the new C5 Aircross that had arrived that day ahead of the official launch. They had just registered the showroom one and was able to take it out for a drive. Very impressed.
Result, I have ordered a Flair Plus petrol auto in Platinum Grey (unusual for me as I normally go for bold colours) with black wheels and Grip Control with the Red colour pack.
Now the wait begins.
My wife was a little surprised.
Andy
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.

A4DJL

Post by A4DJL »

Hi
I have just joined this forum as a potential C5 Aircross purchaser when my current company car lease expires in mid-2019. I had a quick test drive in Edinburgh and was very impressed and interested in taking it further.
The only minor disappointments in the options list are a lack of heated windscreen and LED headlights - not necessarily deal-breakers, but a little surprising in this day and age
The spec you have ordered is exactly what I have in mind, so I will be really interested to hear how you like it when it arrives. Do you have a delivery date?
Best regards
David
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Hi David,
Yes I was a bit surprised that LED headlights are not an option in the UK and as for the lack of heated windscreen (available in France spec) it's a shame. I have adaptive LED's on my current Mazda but no heated windscreen, I had one of those on my Skoda Superb. Observations as follows; I can live without the LED's although they would have been nice. As for the heated windscreen although very useful they are not as strong as a normal windscreen as they are more likely to go ping when hit by a stone. I had three in five years and never had a windscreen go in preceeding decades of driving with various makes of cars.
Why the C5 Aircross ? I looked at the Mazda CX-5, Hyundai Tucson and Peugeot 3008, all good cars but was sold on the Citroën for the ride and the almost vertical rear window, very much like old fashioned estate cars. The other three although having good sized boot floor lost a lot of available space due to the sloping back window. Also a space saver wheel is standard so saves faffing about afterwards sourcing a spare. In my view the repair kits are as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
I have been told to expect delivery mid April. Will post pictures and review once it arrives.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
A4DJL

Post by A4DJL »

Mid-April isn’t too far away but it will seem like an age. As you say, there is lot of choice in this sector. Another option I am looking at is the Skoda Karoq. I haven’t driven one yet but I’m sure if will be a safe dependable (boring?) option compared to the Citroen. I was looking at leasing again through my company car scheme, but they have just reviewed which manufacturers they supply and have dropped Citroen!
Are you using a PCP or other lease scheme? I guess this will be a relatively safe plan just in case the resale values drop over time.
I look forward to hearing how you like the car when it arrives.
Best regards
David
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I also looked at the Karoq and Kodiaq having come from a Superb Estate but the lead times were so long. They have had trouble with the new WLTP regs. having so many variations with model specs.
For me it's a cash purchase for private use so can't advise on the finance offers.
Ozzypac

Post by Ozzypac »

Finances offers are just a 500£ deposit contribution for now, being a new model they don't play much on the price.

You could still have a go on websites like Carwow maybe.

Just ordered the exact same car and the sales director told me (citroen Wokingham) they have already sold 33 of them, all test drive converted to sale !!

Good to know as well, the models with ConnectedCam are lowering the price of insurance quite a lot, I have only a 40£ difference with my C4 Cactus.

Taking delivery of mine this Saturday
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Ozzypac wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:46 am Finances offers are just a 500£ deposit contribution for now, being a new model they don't play much on the price.

You could still have a go on websites like Carwow maybe.

Just ordered the exact same car and the sales director told me (citroen Wokingham) they have already sold 33 of them, all test drive converted to sale !!

Good to know as well, the models with ConnectedCam are lowering the price of insurance quite a lot, I have only a 40£ difference with my C4 Cactus.

Taking delivery of mine this Saturday
How did you get such a quick delivery?
There were none in the pipeline with my spec, which seems the same as yours, when I placed the order on the 2nd Feb.
Ozzypac

Post by Ozzypac »

Well yes it was the second C5 delivered by Citroen Wokingham, it just happens that this particular one arrived in the garage the day I went there to buy it (Sat 2nd). the sales director knew that this spec was a good one for many of the people interested in the C5. I saw they had 5 left in stock on different locations.

I put 40 miles on it already, best car ever for carrying a baby ;) with Android Play and the cathedral like silence. Lots of gadgets to learn about in the beginning, good to know that all the safety stuff are, by default, turned off. Interesting as well the Connected Cam is covered by a film because of the GDPR law :lol:

IMG-20190309-WA0002.jpg

blueyhills

Post by blueyhills »

Nice one Ozzy pac :P #jealous
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Cool.
Looks just like the one I have on order except I have gone for the black wheels.
Enjoy.