Hi. New owner

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
Whitebeard

Post by Whitebeard »

Hi,
I'm a new owner... or will be in a couple of weeks.
Changing from Skoda Yeti to C3 Aircross 1.2 auto, Flair trim. Red with black roof and trim.

Quick question:

The dealer is suggesting the Williams coating treatment, especially as the paintwork is non-metallic. Is this a worthwhile treatment?
C3 Aircross Flair 2018 1.2 petrol Auto box. Red,black roof and trim

JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi, personally I wouldn't bother - we had it done on a new Peugeot 108 a few years ago and it didn't seem to give any benefit. It did make the car smell horrible for a few weeks (something like paraffin) which wiped out the much preferable 'new car' smell! I also wouldn't bother with tyre insurance if they try that one, which was a nightmare when we tried to claim on it.
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
Whitebeard

Post by Whitebeard »

Thanks JohnB
C3 Aircross Flair 2018 1.2 petrol Auto box. Red,black roof and trim
AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

Our dealer did the Guardex thing with ours and I think it does make a difference in how much easier it is to clean the car and its nice to see the rain / stains not get a grip on the paint. The coating internally to the fabric didn't smell with Guardex but I cant vouch for the other stuff.

Is it worth it? I suppose whether you think you've spent enough on your car. I doubt it'll make you any more money when you sell it on in a few years time.