New Owner Saying "Hi"

New to the Citroen Aircross Forums? Introduce yourself here
AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

Picked up my new C3 Aircross last Thursday although Ive been watching these forums for a while. I traded in my 2016 C4 Cactus Jelly Red in one of the dealers early exchanges in June and its taken this long for Citroen to deliver the Aircross. A bit longer than expected however Im solidly pleased with the end result bar a couple of niggles I can probably live with.

I was originally going to order the 'Sand' colour however when I told the dealer the colour my wife, sat next to me, said to the dealer "no he doesn't want that colour. He wants the 'Misty Grey' colour. I'm not having a 'beige' car!". So because she's always right and I need clothes washed and ironed, we ended up with that although I'm still able to have her believe I'm still not sure I like it, I am quite taken with it.

I bought the Flair model but didnt bother with the terrain dial thing - Id only use it once or twice a year when it snows bad and couldnt justify the extra cost - but I did go with the panoramic sunroof (I found out last night its illuminated along the edges!), the dashboard HUD, wireless phone charging and upgraded hifi, blind spot monitoring, front & rear sensors, reversing camera.

I love the driving of it as Im old enough to prefer comfort over speed but slight niggles are:

1. Lack of storage space in the cabin. The glove box is tiny compared to the Cactus and gone are the holes in the dashboard for putting small items in plus with no arm rest storage either I think they could have done a better job there.

2. Seats could do with a bit more foam to the sides to grip your back on bends. I dont go fast, but you can feel there isnt much holding you in place other than friction and a seat belt.

3. Whoever designed the wireless charging pad clearly never came across the larger mobile phones. The Galaxy Note 9 with a bumper cover doesnt sit in and you either need a slim cover or no cover at all for it to just fit into the recess.

However despite all of the above I still love the car and there are many more positives than negatives.

Andi

Post by Andi »

Well your wife has excellent taste as we went from red to white and then turned round and saw this gorgeous Misty Grey behind me in the show room. It was love at first sight. The guy said have that one then, so we drove it out of the show room a week later. Had comments like, “nice motor “, another was “love the colour my wife is looking at getting one” and “love the car” all from strangers at petrol stations. Still only saw two on the road up to yet in the midlands. Had it three months and still finding things we didn’t know it had. Happy motoring.

624795FA-5B09-4294-9B14-DEA378F212D4.jpeg

JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Nice pics! We went for Soft Sand ourselves as we'd had a similar grey previously. Interesting colour, as depending on the light, it can look metallic beige, solid beige, solid greyish and sometimes almost silver (and that's just in the 2 weeks we've had it!). Went for an orange roof like AdrianC - I would probably have chosen black but the Mrs. had other ideas :D
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof