It’s very quiet

Suggestions & Help using the Citroen Aircross Forums
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Is it just me? I’ve not seen any new posts since the 6th, and it’s now the 10th :?:
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic

srperry

Post by srperry »

I've just seen one! :)
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

srperry wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:24 pm I've just seen one! :)
And I have

:lol: :lol: :lol:
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
martyness

Post by martyness »

Just seen a few, lol!

I've been busy so not been on to update about my C5 aircross.

Had to take it to my local garage to have a look at a wobbly wing mirror housing on the drivers side. Been quoted around £510 to have it fixed as it's not covered under the cars manufacturers warranty (even though it was registered in November 2019). Lucky for me it is covered under carshop's (where I bought it from) 3 month warranty so just waiting for a new wing mirror to arrive.
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts
srperry

Post by srperry »

Why didn't the Citroen warranty cover it - is it accidental damage?
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
martyness

Post by martyness »

Don't know why they said Citroen wouldn't cover it as the mechanic just came over and said it's broken and wasn't covered under warranty. He did quickly shut up when I told him that carshop were paying for it under their warranty.

The car hasn't been in any accidents since I bought it so I can only assume that a part as failed. What part I don't know as they still fold in and out but they do rub against the plastic when doing so creating scratch marks on the wing mirror mount (maybe they've seen those marks and went something must of hit it so we're not paying)

Either way luckily carshop are paying for it to be repaired without any issue.
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts
srperry

Post by srperry »

Thanks for that. I'm glad you got it sorted at no cost to you.
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

It was the same with my clutch (DMF) that failed at 18000 miles, Citroen said wear and tear, but since I had bought the car secondhand it fell into the category of an existing fault and the dealer paid for it.
SeaCrosser

Post by SeaCrosser »

Not been around long, but I've noticed how many posts go unanswered on here...
I'm quite concerned about the wobbly mirror. When I showed off my new car to a mechanic mate, he said if you get those mirrors broken, its several hundred quid! (I'm in a small village with a rat run through it it. Wifey had two mirrors smashed in two weeks.)
1.6 PureTech 180 Auto Flair Plus in Volcano Red
srperry

Post by srperry »

SeaCrosser wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:36 pm Not been around long, but I've noticed how many posts go unanswered on here...
I'm quite concerned about the wobbly mirror. When I showed off my new car to a mechanic mate, he said if you get those mirrors broken, its several hundred quid! (I'm in a small village with a rat run through it it. Wifey had two mirrors smashed in two weeks.)
Many posts that get put on here are duplicates, or at least have been answered in other threads - often posters haven't done a search in the forums to see if their question/problem has been asked and/or answered before. There are also a few posters who, by what they say, make you wonder why they (a) bought a Citroen in the first place, (b) why they haven't sold their Citroen, and (c) what they get out of constant moaning and unconstructive criticism.

There are also some very helpful and enthusiastic contributors who go the extra mile to help others, who have been of great help to me in the past with my previous C4 Cactus and with my current car.