Air Con Recharge

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Sailorsam28

Post by Sailorsam28 »

My wife's C4 Cactus air con needs recharging. Halfords sell the necessary kits or will even do it for you. However, we need to know which replacement refrigerant to use - R-134A or R-1234YF. Does anyone know the answer?

srperry

Post by srperry »

Sorry, can't help. But you might get more help on the C4 Cactus forums at https://www.cactusforums.co.uk/ ?
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Sailorsam28 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:01 pm My wife's C4 Cactus air con needs recharging. Halfords sell the necessary kits or will even do it for you. However, we need to know which replacement refrigerant to use - R-134A or R-1234YF. Does anyone know the answer?
PM me your VIN and I'll tell you as it depends on the year / system fitted. However, a word of caution about the DIY kits. These are frequently known to provide duff gauge readings that can lead to over filling and then expensive repairs later.

Personally, I would use a mobile A/C service and get the system completely vacuumed out, disinfected, leak tested and refilled with the correct quantities of oil and refrigerant. You may be surprised at just how reasonable the cost is without having to leave home. I've used such services before and are extremely pleased the outcome on our vehicles in the past.
Sailorsam28

Post by Sailorsam28 »

Thanks Juan. I think I will follow your advice ref a mobile A/C service