Blind Spot Monitoring

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
ESP

Post by ESP »

On my nearly new C3 Aircross Shine Plus I noticed last week that on the driver's side wing mirror I got several false Blind Spot Monitoring indications that there was a vehicle at the side of me when there wasn't?? I've had the vehicle just over a month and this was the first time it happened over a two day period when it was raining/wet conditions.

The dealership have done a diagnostic check and can see that it has also logged a fault code. I've been advised that from the fault code Citroen say that no repair is required and is a feature of the vehicle?? This has only ever happened in rain/wet conditions at the moment but has anyone else had this issue?? I can see on other forums it is a known problem on other vehicles.

Any help or advice will be gratefully received.
Last edited by ESP on Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Yes that's the case. if you read your vehicle manual it should state (depending on your manual version) that rain and other weather conditions / dirt on the sensors (in the bumpers) can cause the system to play up. So always make sure the outermost 2 sensors on each of the front and rear bumpers are kept clean. There are no sensors in the mirror, just the diode that lights up.
ESP

Post by ESP »

Thank you for your help and reply.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Juan Sheet wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:20 pm Yes that's the case. if you read your vehicle manual it should state (depending on your manual version) that rain and other weather conditions / dirt on the sensors (in the bumpers) can cause the system to play up. So always make sure the outermost 2 sensors on each of the front and rear bumpers are kept clean. There are no sensors in the mirror, just the diode that lights up.
Just for clarity, there are 4 sensors for the front and 4 sensors for the rear. The blindspot sensors are separate and are on the side rather than the front or rear of the car.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Yes that's what I meant by the outermost 2 on each.