C5 Aircross Screen Updates...

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
srperry

Post by srperry »

I was notified yesterday by the MyCitroen app that there was a screen update release for my car. I ran the Citroen Update application on my PC, which ran dor about 2 hours downloading before failing. I ran it again and the same thing happened. I ran it overnight and it had downloaded about 30% before locking up and failing again. When I restarted the application it informed me that there were no updates available! Consulting the never-reliable MyCitroen app gave the same result - no updates.

Does anyone know what is going on?
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience

martyness

Post by martyness »

I'm going to assume that they have either pulled the update from the server or once again messed up the firmware downloads for the C5 aircross.

I don't have anything showing on my updates either but I have came across a new firmware released on the 18th, version 44.02.12.13_NAC-r0.

I might download it later and install it on Sunday/Monday.
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts
srperry

Post by srperry »

Thanks for replying. That version number is the one that the Citroen Update application said it was downloading, but it has now disappeared, as I said. My current firmware is 42.03.33.42_NAC-r0 dated 31st May 2021...
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
schmoo2k

Post by schmoo2k »

If anyone has Linux or WSL on windows, then I recommend using the axel download manger:
```
apt install axel
axel -n 50 https://majestic-web.mpsa.com/nas/eu/mj ... W3_ECO.tar
```
OMM the above is maxing out my download capacity and will take about 5->10 mins to download.
2020 C5 Aircross - 1.5 BLUEHDI 130 S&S EAT8
srperry

Post by srperry »

schmoo2k wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:27 pm If anyone has Linux or WSL on windows, then I recommend using the axel download manger:
```
apt install axel
axel -n 50 https://majestic-web.mpsa.com/nas/eu/mj ... W3_ECO.tar
```
OMM the above is maxing out my download capacity and will take about 5->10 mins to download.
The issue I have now is that I don't know where to download the firmware update from... Unless I use the Citroen Update software on my PC - and as I said before, the MyCitroen app on my phone no longer shows an update is ready...
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Ok, so the latest update for the Wave 3 system that you have, is a combined bundle of firmware and map. This should then update the system to a Wave 4 system for future updates.

I would need your VIN to make sure (send me a Private Message with it) and I'll double check, then once I know this is the correct file, I can provide you with a direct link to the combined firmware and map update.

The combined update for the firmware and map bundle is just under 6Gb.

I wouldn't use the link provided by schmoo2k above as it is not the for NAC systems, only RCC.
martyness

Post by martyness »

Juan Sheet he already has the wave 4 firmware as mentioned in a previous comment.

The problem is that once again Citroen have either messed up the firmware identification meaning we can't see the newest version (released on the 18th April 2022) or they have pulled it from their server.

This isn't the first time this has happened as I've helped quite a few people on this forum with C5 aircross firmware not showing (last time was caused by Citroen merging the wave 3 with the wave 4 firmware)

Either way I have found somewhere to download the latest firmware so will pass it onto srperry.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

He only has the last version for Wave 3 systems - which would be correct, however they have merged the software from Wave 3 to Wave 4 with combined packages from version 42.01.72.32_NAC-r0 (23/03/2020).

Therefore as I mentioned, there is a further update released 03/06/2021 (42.03.33.42_NAC-r0) which is also a combined package.

It would seem that further updates would then be under the Wave 4 systems, for which the latest is 44.02.13.12_NAC-r0, released 29/03/2022.

Note I am only referring to the publicly released versions above and not versions that may be available elsewhere but have not been released and available to the utility. I'm not interested in those for the very reason they may get pulled if found to have issues.

Anyway, the offer is there as I have all the downloads if needed, but will leave it there.
martyness

Post by martyness »

Juan Sheet you haven't fully looked at his previous message. He clearly states he is currently on firmware version 42.03.33.42_NAC-r0 dated 31st May 2021

He doesn't need to go through the wave 3 to wave 4 merger as he's already done it
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Yes I get that, so the latest version is the 44.02.13.12_NAC-r0 as I mentioned above???

I was simply explaining the process and the fact that the later ones are combined.