C5 Aircross Screen Updates...

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

No, you can't revert back to an earlier firmware, but if this version was downloaded via the app and installed, then I'd pop along to the dealer and see if the configuration has been changed as a result of this firmware. It can happen with major firmware updates.

mikeyb

Post by mikeyb »

mark42111 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:23 pm I have also downloaded this latest version 44.02.13.12_NAC-r0 onto my car & my central nav screen is now blank, and i keep getting a take a break message coming up every 10 minutes!
Can anyone help as I do not have the previous version of firmware saved anywhere!
Is it possible to revert back to the earlier working firmware?
I have the same problem but now the low fuel warning is activated constantly making the touch screen unusable.
I have tried to revert back to old firmware, the system won’t accept it.
Going to dealer this afternoon to see what they say.
mark42111

Post by mark42111 »

Hopefully all sorted now!
Contacted Peugeot and they were aware that the new firmware 44.02.13.12_NAC-r0 released had glitches in it & that a revised version would be released shortly!
Low and behold I logged into Peugeot update today and the new firmware version was there 44.02.16.52_NAC-r0
Just downloading it now!
Will put it on a USB stick and install it later before going for a drive!
I will report back and tell you if all the glitches have now been ironed out!
srperry

Post by srperry »

I've installed the new firmware version 44.02.16.52_NAC-r0 yesterday with no problems.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
peter m

Post by peter m »

Trying to download the latest firmware from server but taking for ever too ,downloaded 1% then didn't do any more and kept on asking to retry. I know it's slow downloading from past downloads but never like this.
C5 aircross 1.2 c series EAT8 grey with black wheels.
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

Yes, this one is absolutely dire !
Though it has to be better than the one they pulled previously, which blanked so many touch screens with glitches !

Tried over past two days, and a 5.84 gb touch screen download only is estimated at 18 hours !
It's not our internet connection either, its the pee poor servers Citroen use to push the data out.
Terrible service from a major car manufacturer in my view.

Started it again this morning.. now down to a mere 6 hours ... still have over 4 gb to complete and its getting sooo slooow ! 414 minutes to go @ moment!
Citroen updates have always been slow but this is ridiculous.
Luckily I did the maps last week separately , but even that took 2.5 hours...

Then one wonders if it's worth the effort, as they never tell us what the update actually does / fixes or patches !
All software providers usually give us release notes....
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi
srperry

Post by srperry »

It only took about 40 minutes for me, but that was two days ago, and probably everyone is trying at the same time. The Citroen server IS very slow!
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

Dismal this is... three hours and 50 % into this download and its slowed to less than a snails pace..
Its still showing 396 + minutes to complete !
Abysmal !
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

It's probably because everyone worldwide with the Wave 4 system is trying to download it at the same time - this always happens when there's a new release, but more so because of the bug in the previous version leaving systems with odd behaviour, so everyone is trying to get the download and the servers are getting overloaded so the serving speed is far less due to traffic.

If you can wait, try again at another time like in the evening at a less busy period.
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

I have tried night time, and early morning...
While this morning speed (estimate 6 hours) was better than last nights 18 hr estimate.. it's now six hours in.. and around 50% ..
its now stopped... pause and reconnect, leaves one further down the queue, was 511 minutes remaining.
Now it won't even connect...download now cancelled...

As Juan said... ' will try later...' so now I give up and probably try later in May !
Worst / slowest update ever... :roll: